Blessed day - Monday, December 15, 2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Chris
Blessed day - Monday, December 15, 2008

Postby Chris » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 am

This ending is cheesy D:

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:07 am

It is most decidedly Wednesday the 17th, heh. Perhaps it was originally meant to be posted Monday or something.

I... don't recall him being around dragons all that much, really. Ah well, it's not the epic battle we were hoping for, but at least it's a fight of some sort.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:34 am

Well, he lives in a dragon's couch. Surely, that counts. Probably.

I'm most amused by the people on Ms. Mudd's side of the wedding. They must be wondering if they wandered into shooting for a soap opera.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 am

I'm most amused by the people on Ms. Mudd's side of the wedding. They must be wondering if they wandered into shooting for a soap opera.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

Svix

Postby Svix » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:41 am

Ozy get's the entire cake dumped on him I see! Panel two makes me laugh - I like the little lifted leg for optimum throwing.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:05 pm

I figured as much. Not that's how ya give your blessing. Nice. Should've known we see the dragon food fight wedding custom initiated before all was said and done.
Nathan

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm thinking this is probably the last strip...
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:44 pm

I would hope at least he would color the last strip or do something more than just a standard B&W.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:25 pm

That was atrocious. The dialogue sounds horribly contrived and false - I can't imagine Timulty saying "The wedding is ruined!" and Isolde's explanation seems forced. (Has Isolde even met Timulty before?)

Whilst the final panel is quite sweet, if this is the climax I will be terribly disappointed, especially considering the (high) quality of some of the previous strips and the amount of expectation they built up.
Last edited by nickspoon on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 pm

If it is, it's somewhat disappointing and anti-climatic. DCS wrote that this week would see the last stripS, plural. So, there might be at least one more. Perhaps two. No more than that though.

I was hoping for something more...romantic but that's just me. I did like elements of this strip, Millie pushing the cake on Ozy, the reaction of Mrs. Mudd's family. I guess it's a case where, for me, parts are better than the whole.

Overall, about typical for this storyline. I guess I kinda like it and might like it more in the future.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:01 pm

That was atrocious. The dialogue sounds horribly contrived and false - I can't imagine Timulty saying "The wedding is ruined!" and Isolde's explanation seems forced. (Has Isolde even met Timulty before?)

Whilst the final panel is quite sweet, if this is the climax I will be terribly disappointed, especially considering the quality of some of the previous strips and the amount of expectation they built up.
Agreed entirely. The dialogue is astoundingly mechanical.

Hopefully, the next few strips will do a better job of ending this. If this is the last strip, then we're all screwed.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Whilst the final panel is quite sweet, if this is the climax I will be terribly disappointed, especially considering the quality of some of the previous strips and the amount of expectation they built up.
That is precisely what I was thinking, but couldn't find the words for it. These latest bad strips have made me very pessimistic, and since it's only gone downhill lately, I think the climax will be even worse than this strip. He obviously doesn't care anymore, not that that's a bad thing, since he apparently has his own life now.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

ronrab

Postby ronrab » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 pm

These latest bad strips have made me very pessimistic, and since it's only gone downhill lately, I think the climax will be even worse than this strip. He obviously doesn't care anymore, not that that's a bad thing, since he apparently has his own life now.
A couple things:

First and foremost, "she."

I respectfully disagree about the quality. I thought the strip of Locke interrupting the wedding was marvelous in particular, and the following one of him confronting Ms. Mudd was very sweet and charming. It seems clear to me she, on the contrary, is writing about something she DOES care about, which is why the strips are coming much more briskly than before.

Although it's not really an objection: 'apparently has her own life now'? You sound like you're talking about your ex-spouse. >=) I'm pretty sure DC has had a life of her own for a good while. She's not stopping because she's more busy; she just doesn't have anything more to say about Ozy and Millie as kids, especially on a daily basis.

If she didn't care, it'd be unlikely she'd announce, as she has, that there will be one-shots of them in the future. Heck, it'd be unlikely she'd formally finish the story. It definitely wouldn't be the first online comic to just stop in the middle of everything and never start up again.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:39 pm

These latest bad strips have made me very pessimistic, and since it's only gone downhill lately, I think the climax will be even worse than this strip. He obviously doesn't care anymore, not that that's a bad thing, since he apparently has his own life now.
A couple things:

First and foremost, "she."

I respectfully disagree about the quality. I thought the strip of Locke interrupting the wedding was marvelous in particular, and the following one of him confronting Ms. Mudd was very sweet and charming. It seems clear to me she, on the contrary, is writing about something she DOES care about, which is why the strips are coming much more briskly than before.

Although it's not really an objection: 'apparently has her own life now'? You sound like you're talking about your ex-spouse. >=) I'm pretty sure DC has had a life of her own for a good while. She's not stopping because she's more busy; she just doesn't have anything more to say about Ozy and Millie as kids, especially on a daily basis.

If she didn't care, it'd be unlikely she'd announce, as she has, that there will be one-shots of them in the future. Heck, it'd be unlikely she'd formally finish the story. It definitely wouldn't be the first online comic to just stop in the middle of everything and never start up again.
Forgot about the gender thing.

Good points. By "has her own life now" I meant she's just getting tired of the comic and, as she's said, is doing other more important things. It just seems to me that she doesn't care anymore because I got the impression that she's just copying and pasting the basic skeleton of an O&M storyline (something that makes you say "what", something stupid/silly, usually somehow forcefully explained what it has to do with dragons, stupid punchline). I can just imagine her at a desk, furiously scribbling down scripts, thinking "FINISH DAMMIT!!!" I'm not trying to sound hateful or anything, I seriously wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to finish a comic after eleven freaking years of it.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

The J.A.M.

Postby The J.A.M. » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Timulty didn't bother wearing ANYTHING for a formal occasion?

Return to “O&M Strips”