Tue Dec 9: Objection (Yo ho ho.)

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:35 am

Well, I guess I owe DCS an apology for my comments about DCS trying to make us forget Locke. :oops:

I'm very excitied about this but I have doubts that this will go the way I want. Locke looks to still be a child in the last panel.

What is probably going to happen is this: after some discussion, he will give the marriage his blessing. And you know what? I'd be fine with that. :smile:

Best strip in ages! :locke: :wag:

In honor of this strip, let's all go look at my epic poem, The Pirate's Tale: http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Yes, my poem has many problems. I really hate the beginning which is really stiff and awkward. It gets better as it goes along. I already revised it once and plan on doing so again. With that said, enjoy!

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:53 am

I saw this coming due to a bunch of things I'm learning in English. Simpson said she wanted to give the strip the ending it deserves. So in order to have a good story you must have these five things:
Exposition, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, and Resolution.

Exposition: The introduction of the wedding and the roles that O&M will play in them.
Rising Action: The dress fitting, planning and Ozy's dragon transformation.
We are currently experiencing the Climax which is the turning point of this story. I thought that for a story it is the most shocking. I'm sure that alot of you are shocked at Locke appeared after so many years but also predicted his final appearence before the comics finale. After this little we will experience Falling Action and the resolution. However to me, after the climax the story will get dull and boring. Sorry.

If you want my predictions, Locke will try to get Ms. Mudd to fall for him again. Then Ms. Mudd will file a list of grievances."Blah blah blah blah, you left me when I was pregnant, blah blah blah, you never returned, blah blah blah, I had to raise a child all by myself, blah blah blah, He was there for me when you weren't, blah blah blah." Then Captin Locke will walk away with his tail in between his legs back to the couch world and the wedding will continue as planned.

Plus how do you think that Captin Locke came out of the couch world? Through the Attic Chest or through the cushion seats?

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:05 am

That... sword he's carrying. Doesn't look like wood, does it?

I hope Llewellyn has hard scales.

I predict gibs.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:09 am

If you want my predictions, Locke will try to get Ms. Mudd to fall for him again. Then Ms. Mudd will file a list of grievances."Blah blah blah blah, you left me when I was pregnant, blah blah blah, you never returned, blah blah blah, I had to raise a child all by myself, blah blah blah, He was there for me when you weren't, blah blah blah." Then Captin Locke will walk away with his tail in between his legs back to the couch world and the wedding will continue as planned.
Ms. Mudd found out she was pregant AFTER Locke left so he had no idea untill Mille told him she was his daughter. Oh, and Locke did NOT leave Ms. Mudd in the manner you suggest, their parting was amicable.

I don't think Ms. Mudd would be that mean. Besides, as I already said, Locke looks to still be 10 years old. If so, then he's NOT there to win her back.

I bet my prediction is far more accurate but we will see.

BTW, TWO strips in a row! Will DCS go for three?

Ormur

Postby Ormur » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 am

He didn't seem very interested in their former relationship last time we saw him (icky) so I'm looking forward to seeing his objections to the marriage.

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:35 am

Maybe hes going to fight over millie.
That would be kind of funny to see :?
ImageImageImage

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 am

"I wasn't invited to this wedding! I place a curse on the child: when she pricks her finger on the spool of a spinning wheel, she'll fall into eternal sleep."?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 am

Twisty as a pretzel, this plotline is.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:38 am

This strip deserves it's own theme music :locke:

So here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS19lNoM ... re=related
I feel that this fits it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FXoyr_FyFw

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:28 am

I wonder who the chick on the right in the bottom panel is.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 am

Millilicent Minerva
's mom?
((just to annoy you))
ImageImageImage

Kirby

Postby Kirby » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 am

whyy locke

I'M going to bomb your ship and kill your troops :x :x

if you break the wedding.
Kxudb a cabo ke fcuo(Thanks I like to play)

Osideboy

Postby Osideboy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:50 am

Wow......This has to be the absolute last thing I expected......Great twist, DCS!!!!
"I never realized stupidity was so Zen."- Millicent Mehitabel Mudd
February 8, 1999

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:53 am

whyy locke

I'M going to bomb your ship and kill your troops :x :x

if you break the wedding.
only if he ruins the wedding. if he just rambles it up, it's all good, right? :grin:
ImageImageImage

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:10 am

Millilicent Minerva
's mom?
((just to annoy you))
You mean Mililani (Millie's mom's name). But she looks too young to be Millie's grandmother. I thinking more of an previously unseen aunt.

Return to “O&M Strips”