Monday 12.08.08 Of dragons and princesses

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:59 am

Due to the recent discussions pertaining to the O&M world and the marital tangents thereof, I now desire to interject three "words", which are my first impressions upon reading the strip in question. My response hopefully will balance out the intellectualism blossoming forth, for it contains easy, comprehensible words and onomatopoeia . Thank you and have a pleasant day.

COMIC CUTE AHURHUR
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:34 am

There is absolutly no pleasing you is there? Why do you fear change so much? You have to be the absoulte biggest O&M purist here.
How so? I've said (repeatedly) that whatever DCS does is OK by me. Why do so many have a problem with my wanting Ms. Mudd and Locke to marry? I'm not forcing that on anyone. It's just my personal preference.

Purist? LOL! That's so far from the truth it's downright absurd. No pleasing me? I'm generally pretty happy with the strip.

Not sure why you think I fear change. Considering I've been a loyal fan for the life of the strip and have been OK with ALL of it's many changes, your accusation is well, strange to say the least.

DCS cannot please everyone. So, the official ending of the strip will be whatever she wants and I'm absolutely fine with that. I always have been no matter what anyone thinks.

Purist. Really. I've been hoping for Lewellyn and Ms. Mudd to get married for a few years now. I'm just not thrilled with how DCS is telling the story. I don't have to be. Does not mean I don't still enjoy the strip. I do. Very much so.

Like I said, DCS has no problem with me creating my own ending. Why do you? Why WOULD you? Why would anyone?

I will say no more on this subject. (forum cheers loudly) I'm just repeating myself over and over. SO, one final time:

I LOVE the strip. Always have and always will.

I am not unhappy with the final storyline just how DCS has chosen to tell it.

I want Locke and Ms. Mudd married. I accept this will not happen in the strip. I'm not losing sleep over it or obsessing over it.

DCS likes my poem and was "very happy" to draw the wedding portrait of Locke and Ms. Mudd for me. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Her opinion is far more important to me.

That's it. That's all.

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:50 am

I'm not losing sleep over it or obsessing over it.
BS.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:57 am

BS.
Nice. :roll:

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:40 am

BS.
Nice. :roll:
Well, like over half your posts have been on this subject lol.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:56 am

cougartiger, almost every single one of your posts can be summed up in 4 statements:

1. This ending sucks.
2. Locke 4 lyfe!
3. I <3 my commission.
4. Where is my artwork?

Honestly it's getting tiring. You act so defensive about it, as if everyone's going to hate you for not liking the way the comic is turning out. Nobody cares. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and we already respect that. You don't have to bring it up over and over and over. People are getting annoyed at you because of your insistence on voicing your opinion at every possible opportunity, not the content of your opinion itself.

You are free to come up with your own version of events as you see fit, or your own analysis of the characters' personalities and inner feelings. That's perfectly fine. But please stop pushing it on us as "this is what the ending SHOULD be like, and this is what the characters WANT to happen in reality." And again, it's only because you bring it up so often that it gets irritating.

In conclusion: O&M. Serious business.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Loeln

Postby Loeln » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:13 am

Ha.

You read the comic.
Asuna Kagurazaka, Negima Magister Nyoro~nEgi Magi

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:24 am

cougartiger, almost every single one of your posts can be summed up in 4 statements:

1. This ending sucks.
2. Locke 4 lyfe!
3. I <3 my commission.
4. Where is my artwork?

Honestly it's getting tiring. You act so defensive about it, as if everyone's going to hate you for not liking the way the comic is turning out. Nobody cares. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and we already respect that. You don't have to bring it up over and over and over. People are getting annoyed at you because of your insistence on voicing your opinion at every possible opportunity, not the content of your opinion itself.

You are free to come up with your own version of events as you see fit, or your own analysis of the characters' personalities and inner feelings. That's perfectly fine. But please stop pushing it on us as "this is what the ending SHOULD be like, and this is what the characters WANT to happen in reality." And again, it's only because you bring it up so often that it gets irritating.

In conclusion: O&M. Serious business.
Not sure why so many think I hate this ending. I really only dislike how DCS told the first half of it. I actually like everything from the start of the ceremony on.

I made a comment on Ms. Mudd's childhood dream of marrying a dragon because it seemed to come out of the blue to me. I now understand that DCS put it there as a prelude to Locke appearing.

I strongly suspect that this entire story will read better once we can read it from beginning to end.

I have only ever voiced an opinion which some have then questioned, I explain, they question, etc.

It ends now.

I will post no more on the subjects you mention. Like I said, I'm done with it. Can we all agree to do that?

Honestly, it's all gotten out of hand. Let's just move on, OK?

Finally, I apologize if I annoyed anyone. It was not my intention. I will be more attentive from now on and try to keep certain things to myself.
Last edited by cougartiger on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:24 am

I too want to marry a child
*SIGH*

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:11 am

I certainly don't hate you.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:13 am

I am in no way pushing my opinion on anyone! I cannot help if everyone is thinking that but it simply isn't true.
If "everyone" except you is wrong, then perhaps you should consider the possibility that you may be doing something the wrong way. I understand that it wasn't your intention, but that's the way that you've been perceived as, whether you choose to accept that fact or not.
I am trying to contact HER about this. I can only use the means at my disposal. The artwork comments are meant for her and no one else.
Long ago I was at a family reunion at a house that had an intercom system. In my young foolishness, I believed that if I spoke into it, the system would know who I was attempting to contact and would only output sound from the speaker nearest that person. Unfortunately I was wrong, and everyone at the reunion was free to listen to everything I said.

I've been in your situation before. Look in my profile at my very first posts here and you'll see that I actually joined DC for this exact reason. But it doesn't belong on the public boards.
If people hate me, it more due to a serious misunderstanding than anything else. Honestly, I have only ever tried to explain why I want the ending I do. When I do, people jump all over me for it. I explain again, they complain again. It's a vicious cycle I am ending.
I never said hate. Only mild irritation. Again, we're not all out to get you, but you've got to stop playing the victim.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:33 am

Dantheman, I editied my post after I calmed down a bit.

You are right. I am at my wit's end trying to contact DCS. I have tried every e-mail address and even posted on her DA page. I doubt she is ignoring me but, yeah I need to stop posting about the artwork on public forums. Maybe when the strip is done she will have some free time and contact me.

As for the strip, I like the way it is going now. It was mostly the beginning that I disliked. I think she was trying to show the events from Millie's POV and it just didn't work for me.

In retrospect, my posts do come off as same old, same old. I'll try to avoid that from now on.

As for Ms. Mudd's vows, I quite like them. I wish Lewellyn's had been more serious but then that wouldn't be him, would it?

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:34 am

I certainly don't hate you.
Thanks for that.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:39 am

not to be a bother, but one more thing:

we have an edit button here. no need for all these double and triple posts
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:20 am

Dantheman, I editied my post after I calmed down a bit.

In retrospect, my posts do come off as same old, same old. I'll try to avoid that from now on.
Thank you. You've shown that you're capable of accepting different ways of thinking, which commands a certain amount of respect in my eyes.

I also apologize for having been rude in my posts.

Return to “O&M Strips”