Saturday Nov 15, Dragon Traditions

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Doesn't Millie look bigger in the last frame?

Not complaining though, it's a sweet strip :)

Rich::

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Cougar, I don't really see that this is out of character for Ms. Mudd. Off-model a little, yes but out of character?
Well, yes. Since when is she OK with having a food fight at her wedding? Look at the wedding invite again.

Only with this story has DCS altered her personality so that she is more accepting of dragon rituals. I'm sorry but it's way too sudden for me. After the strip where they kiss for the first time, DCS actually dropped their realtionship altogether, very rarely showing them together. Then he throws this wedding together. It's not only sudden, it's being very sloppily done.
Look, all I'm saying is that you're wrong. She doesn't have to accept a food fight happening to like dragons. She could like dragons for other implicating reasons.

Anyway, with Millie in attendance, a food fight may have been inevitable.

Besides, through the years there have been different comics showing Ms. Mudd and Millie and Ozy and Llewellyn enjoying dragon traditions. Like that one time in Idaho. At Christmas. Idaho at Christmas.

Srsly though. Ozy and Millie has never been a comic with a strong coherent story thing. DCS herself has stated that she has a kind of writer's ADHD thing going on and doesn't like focusing on one story too long. You might be expecting too much.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm

Jonathan, I think I remember that Ms. Mudd's eyesight didn't go bad until she got old.
This maybe true but I also recall that in the glasses envy plotline that Ms. Mudd said that Millie had a chance of going blind at age 17.

(Why is everybody spelling my name?)

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 pm

(Why is everybody spelling my name?)
Yeah guys, quit it.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Ozyfox

Postby Ozyfox » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:28 pm

And back into the crapper. What happened here, DCS? Bad artwork and Ms. Mudd once again acting out of character. Millie is the only one who comes off good here!

I had thought that considering the last strip that DCS was pulling it out of the fire. Guess not.

I really wish DCS had just ended it without any resolution if this is the best she can come up with.

This story is like a train wreck for me: I don't want to watch but can't help it.
I'm truly with you. I read O&M now since nearly 8 Years, it has become part of my daily life, but what is going on now is a drama to this wonderfull comic strip.

I'm realy sad about this.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Gotta wonder if those are DRAGON traditions or just Llewellyn's? On the other hand... after seeing the the dragon family reunion... well it's impossible to know for sure.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Look, all I'm saying is that you're wrong. She doesn't have to accept a food fight happening to like dragons. She could like dragons for other implicating reasons.

Anyway, with Millie in attendance, a food fight may have been inevitable.

Besides, through the years there have been different comics showing Ms. Mudd and Millie and Ozy and Llewellyn enjoying dragon traditions. Like that one time in Idaho. At Christmas. Idaho at Christmas.

Srsly though. Ozy and Millie has never been a comic with a strong coherent story thing. DCS herself has stated that she has a kind of writer's ADHD thing going on and doesn't like focusing on one story too long. You might be expecting too much.
Well, you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Millie CAN behave herself when she wants to. Sure, she'll get bored and probably be running around naked and causing trouble but would be nautral for her...and funny.

I'm not wrong. Nor are you. We just see this strip differently. I'm not gonna argue with you as there's no point.

As for expecting too much? I wonder why when DCS is making statements such as: "I want to give the characters the ending they deserve" and "I'm being more of a perfectionist than usual because I want these to be exactly right."

Pretty powerful statements. DCS shouldn't have made them as she was inviting disappointment. Still, I look forward to whatever she has to say after all is said and done. It should be nothing if not interesting.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:22 pm

I can't agree with that :wink:
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 pm

And back into the crapper. What happened here, DCS? Bad artwork and Ms. Mudd once again acting out of character. Millie is the only one who comes off good here!

I had thought that considering the last strip that DCS was pulling it out of the fire. Guess not.

I really wish DCS had just ended it without any resolution if this is the best she can come up with.

This story is like a train wreck for me: I don't want to watch but can't help it.
I'm truly with you. I read O&M now since nearly 8 Years, it has become part of my daily life, but what is going on now is a drama to this wonderfull comic strip.

I'm realy sad about this.
Thanks, Ozyfox.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 pm

I can't agree with that :wink:
:smile:

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Kinda Akward for DCS to change the drawing style of O&M when it's about to end. Ms.mudd have a really small eye compared to older strips with and without glasses.

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 pm

There's something wrong with you people.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:39 am

Yep! And proud of it! :grin:

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:10 am

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:43 am

Ignore the freaks, DCS. I like it, and I can see I'm not alone.
(As for the glasses, did you ever think MAYBE they're off because she JUST got the dress over her head? (FIRST PANEL!) WHY do people HAVE to read into things DEEPER than they are presented?
Furthermore, THIS SCRIPT SUBMISSION ROX!)
:dragon:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

Return to “O&M Strips”