Saturday Nov 15, Dragon Traditions

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Eh, that's just cause it's recently become cool to hate O&M now that it's ending. It's doubly cool if you hang out in IRC. Remember, to be cool, you gotta h8 O&M.

h8
I refuse to be 'cool'...
**winks**
...I'm too HOT!

8) :dragon: 8)
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

marklungo

Postby marklungo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:56 pm

Well, I also grew to dislike DCS from reading him talk online, and from what I got about his personality based on the comic, back when I grew to dislike OM. Not to say I hate him, I just don't really care about him.
Which begs the question: Then why are you even here?
Signature? You mean I'm supposed to put some meaningless block of text here?

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Define Cynical, while an OM fan-forum, is pretty much its own separate entity at this point. People remain here because they like the community, even if they've grown to dislike the comic that started it.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Define Cynical, while an OM fan-forum, is pretty much its own separate entity at this point. People remain here because they like the community, even if they've grown to dislike the comic that started it.
SOME of us are still around because we've been threatened if we leave...
**looks about**
...Ok, so one of my personalities made the threat against me. You wanna make something of it?
Hang on, let me get Duke back out...
**groans**
...He's too busy in the back of my mind arguing against what type of sandwich he wants. I'll get back to you...
:roll:

FurryFox13

Postby FurryFox13 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:44 am

Now I have a request for you all ... can you DEFINE CYNICAL!?
cyn·i·cal (sin-ih-kul)
adj.

1. Believing or showing the belief that people are motivated chiefly by base or selfish concerns; skeptical of the motives of others: a cynical dismissal of the politician's promise to reform the campaign finance system.

2. Selfishly or callously calculating: showed a cynical disregard for the safety of his troops in his efforts to advance his reputation.

3. Negative or pessimistic, as from world-weariness: a cynical view of the average voter's intelligence.

4. Expressing jaded or scornful skepticism or negativity: cynical laughter.

Now I'm just trying to take in the irony here ...

- Ozy and Millie comic is made.
- Ozy and Millie comic fanclub forum is named "Define Cynical"
- Ozy and Millie comic fanclub forum develops a cynical view of the Ozy and Millie comic .... just wow =3

I for one like where the comic is going, hence why I came here.

~~FurryFox13 :dragon:

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Good point, FF13.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm here for you guys. I barely care about O&M any more. I read the archives, loved it, and it's just sort of wound down since. On the other hand, for the most part the forum is as vibrant and interesting as ever. Every person here has been unequivocally friendly (well, not quite, but close enough) ever since I joined 2 years ago. Even Fritz has been reasonably good at not being a tit all the time :wink:

So, never mind O&M. You're all much better fun.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm here for you guys. I barely care about O&M any more. I read the archives, loved it, and it's just sort of wound down since. On the other hand, for the most part the forum is as vibrant and interesting as ever. Every person here has been unequivocally friendly (well, not quite, but close enough) ever since I joined 2 years ago. Even Fritz has been reasonably good at not being a tit all the time :wink:

I agree with all of this except the Fritz part because Fritz is RARELY a tit to me.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 pm

I agree with all of this except the Fritz part because Fritz is RARELY a tit to me.
RANDOM:
NIPPLES!
(that is all)

Svix

Postby Svix » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 pm

DCS herself has stated that she
This has been bugging me for a while...I vaguely recall DCS going through a phase where he...preferred being called female?

Anyone know why?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:43 pm

DCS herself has stated that she
This has been bugging me for a while...I vaguely recall DCS going through a phase where he...preferred being called female?

Anyone know why?
Because he's a fruitcake?
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:34 pm

DCS's deviantART page specifies female, and her avatars and self-portraits are now consistently feminine. I don't think it's just a phase.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Svix

Postby Svix » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:59 pm

DCS's deviantART page specifies female, and her avatars and self-portraits are now consistently feminine. I don't think it's just a phase.
This is more than fruitcakery.

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:33 pm

I understand DCS has his reasons and all, but personally I'm not going to be able to call him anything other than a "him"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:37 pm

I have no idea what DCS prefers to be identified as at present (it seems to change rather often) so I will refer to him as male for sake of simplicity.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “O&M Strips”