Saturday Nov 15, Dragon Traditions

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:05 am

I don't think there was going to be an operation, just hormone therapy. Which may be precisely what happened.

People, I think that if DCS were here now, she'd be pissed off at everyone who refuses to accept her new gender.
I haven't ever met DCS (that I know of) and I'm a little POed myself.
I mean some on! We all wish to be accepted as WE are, what's wrong with accepting HER? Granted, I can't even begin to understand why someone would wish to be female when male (or vice virsa), but that's not the point. The point is she is an individual, plain and simple, and deserves to be recognized as such.
Period.
:roll:

(EDIT: First on page 6! Weeee!)
:-P
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 am

I don't think there was going to be an operation, just hormone therapy. Which may be precisely what happened.

People, I think that if DCS were here now, she'd be pissed off at everyone who refuses to accept her new gender.
please allow me to break character and say "who cares lol"

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:32 pm

please allow me to break character and say "who cares lol"
*clap*
ImageImageImage

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:05 pm

John Lennon sucks lol.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure cougar is going to end up killing DCS in some sort of Lennon-like way. He seems the crazed fan type.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:28 pm

EDIT: I'm pretty sure cougar is going to end up killing DCS in some sort of Lennon-like way. He seems the crazed fan type.
I find that remark both offensive and uncalled for. I am not crazed. Just a fan who is less than happy with how the last story is being told.

But, to clarify:

1--I honestly do NOT care how DCS ends the strip. It's her creation and I both respect and support her decision to end the strip as she wants.

2--I simply do not like how the last story is being told. I actually like the premise in and of itself. DCS is capable of better writing than this. She's being too much of a perfectionist and it's ruining the story. At least for me.

3--While I would rather see a wedding between Ms. Mudd and Capt. Locke, I am NOT unhappy with her marrying Lewellyn. In fact, I've been hoping for it for a couple of years now.

4--I had the wedding portrait of Ms. Mudd and Capt. Locke done so I could have the best of both worlds.

5--I am in the process of learning to draw. When I can draw the O&M characters, I will create my own ending to the strip, so again, whatever DCS does is fine by me.

6--DCS lives in Washington and I live in New Jersey so it's unlikely we will ever meet. If we do, it will be very peaceful I assure you. :smile:

7--Male, female, animal, or vegetable, DCS is a very talented person. I am learning to draw because of her and she has raised my awareness of artwork in general. For that, I will always be grateful to her.

8-- I am ticked at DCS right now because I paid her $350 for artwork which has not been delivered more than a month after she said she sent me stuff. How is it coming, turtle express? Not to mention that DCS is not responding to any e-mails I've been sending her on this matter.

9--Finally, I remain curious as to how the strip will end. Maybe DCS will surprise me and have me weeping with joy. I hope so. I am nothing if not eternally optimistic. Sorry if that's not always clear.

I do not hate O&M and never will. Does not mean I won't call foul if something strikes me as being off. It's just my opinion don't take it (or me!) too seriously.

Ibun, if you were joking, it was in poor taste. John Lennon was talented musician loved by millions and did not deserve what happened to him. Show some respect even if you don't like him, OK?

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:36 pm

7--Male, female, animal, or vegetable, DCS is a very talented person.
Now I'm imagining someone getting therapy to become a mineral.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Don't call me 'he'. Call me 'crystal'.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:19 pm

I was born male, but I'm actually a Wolframite trapped in a man's body.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Is that some horrible mix between a magnemite from Pokeymon and a eye arr ell wolf?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Ibun's Post: Sentence.
Cougar's Post: HOLY pants TL;DR

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm

I think the internet makes people lazy.

Cougar's post was barely a half page when put into a word document. And at least he had spaces between majiggers. The real tl;dr's are the huge blocks o' text and o' eyestrain.

My deviantART account

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:29 pm

Oh Bocaj, you make DC so enjoyable.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:36 pm

No u.

My deviantART account

LewisTheTank

Re: Saturday Nov 15, Dragon Traditions

Postby LewisTheTank » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:36 pm

First post, heh.
**AHEM**
'Nuff said on the other, maybe?

:offtopic: :ontopic: :offtopic:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:24 am

**AHEM**
'Nuff said on the other, maybe?

:offtopic: :ontopic: :offtopic:
Agreed. I'll start off by saying that I like Millie in this strip. Also, despite my earlier complaints, it's kinda cute. :smile:

Return to “O&M Strips”