Monday, November 10, 2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:58 am

I wouldn't call it a rant exactly. He's just stating his doubts in brief. And they are surprisingly normal.

The main punchline is predictable, but the final delivery is cute.
I actually didn't mean "rant". It's just that it was early in the morning and I couldn't think of words.

This strip is basically a repeat of the "about you" strip. More signs that DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Still, I do like it. If I had the money, I'd ask DCS for the original but right now I'd rather have the $350 in artwork I bought from DCS a month ago that has yet to arrive. :sad:

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:57 am

It could be all this has been a dream of Ozy's from WAY back. He wakes to find it's still the first day of school or something!
THAT would be funny!
8)
^that would MAKE MY DAY
especially if he pointed out that it explains why the strip has sucked in the past few years
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 am

It could be all this has been a dream of Ozy's from WAY back. He wakes to find it's still the first day of school or something!
THAT would be funny!
8)
^that would MAKE MY DAY
especially if he pointed out that it explains why the strip has sucked in the past few years
Wow, yes, that'd be the perfect ending. Especially if he were to go back to the original style and everything.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:15 am

*shrug*

Nothing stopping people from not reading it anymore and pretending it /did/ end last year. But bitching is cool I guess.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 am

THAT would be funny!
8)
^that would MAKE MY DAY
Wow, yes, that'd be the perfect ending. Especially if he were to go back to the original style and everything.
It should then show Ozy really meeting Millie for the first time, then proceeding to tell her to Stfu and gtfo.

Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:28 am

I TOTALLY believe it's not butter.

That said, if this strip is "predictable", I feel it's only because by now we should all have a pretty solid idea of who these characters are and how they think.

This strip is a great pause in the lead up to the wedding and, once read in the books or archives, will provide a nice breath of calm between the preperation and the realization. Works for me. :)

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:30 am

I TOTALLY believe it's not butter.

That said, if this strip is "predictable", I feel it's only because by now we should all have a pretty solid idea of who these characters are and how they think.

This strip is a great pause in the lead up to the wedding and, once read in the books or archives, will provide a nice breath of calm between the preperation and the realization. Works for me. :)
I doubt the books will fix the fragmented, stilted strips leading up to this. However, this one strip has given me hope that the wedding might not be the disaster I fear it might be.

I really do like this strip. Hell, it's probably the best one DCS has done all year, IMHO.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:30 am

I just realized that Llewellyn is not wearing pants in the first panel. Did he stop wearing pants? If so then when?

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:41 am

I'm fairly certain he never started.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 pm

lol, I remember thinking the same thing. he's never worn pants.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 pm

lol, I remember thinking the same thing. he's never worn pants.
Yes he did. I had the same argument with my brother last night and I proved him wrong by showing him some strips from my Zen Again book that show Llewellyn wearing pants.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Lewellyn only stopped wearing pants a year or two ago.

I never liked the look. For one thing it looks sloppy on Lew's part when he was always so elegantly dressed. For another, he always looks like he's doing #2 when DCS has him sitting on the ground.

The lame excuse given in the strip is that Lew wanted to follow Ozy's example. Or something like that. I personally always thought it was a little laziness on DCS's part.

In fact, the decline of the strip can almost be directly related to when Lew stopped wearing pants! At least for me, anyway.

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Yep, Llew did wear pants:

(courtesy of the cast page)

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:47 pm

"And after all these years, I still can't believe it's not butter."

*facepalms, but in a good way*

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:28 pm

Yep, Llew did wear pants:

(courtesy of the cast page)