Monday 27-10-2008 What do you think we are? Mammals?

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Stephan
Monday 27-10-2008 What do you think we are? Mammals?

Postby Stephan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:30 am

For some reason I'd really like to see Millie made up to look part-dragon.
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:37 am

Ms.mudd looks somewhat angry and Ozy SHAVED?! :shock:

Also, Llewellyn is kinda racist towards mammals..

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:02 pm

After reading through the second panel, I started thinking 'I know where this is going' Really not as bad as I was expecting. Really not surpirsed Llewellyn would make Ozy a little more...reptilian for the occasion.
Nathan

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:47 pm

http://ozyandmillie.org/d/20081027.html

...why? It was (arguably) fine as a running gag, but only as that, a gag. Not something to bring up in the last moments of the strip's existence.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:06 pm

It was (arguably) fine as a running gag, but only as that, a gag. Not something to bring up in the last moments of the strip's existence.
There are a lot of worse ways it could have been taken. Pretty much any of the ways it was taken in the past would have been totally inappropriate in this case. Honestly, it's a lot less noticeable than the "accessories" Llewellyn's giving him, which are also going to look really weird in such a serious situation.

But then, Llewellyn wasn't planning on the wedding being serious, anyway.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:19 pm

I can't remember if some of Llewellyn's family thinks Ozy is a dragon or not. I know that during the family reunion, Llew was vaguely worried that Ozy might get eaten. Or something.

Also, Ozy looks like he's been sheared short, not bald. He doesn't have that stubble look he gets when he's bereft of fur.

Also, if a running gag doesn't make one last appearance, it was no marathon runner, is all I'm saying.

Also, Millie looks zombie-esque in the second panel.

Addendum: If the last comic is going to be on the date on the invitation than there's only time for one or two more at the current rate of production.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:50 pm

...why? It was (arguably) fine as a running gag, but only as that, a gag. Not something to bring up in the last moments of the strip's existence.
Millie not liking girly dresses? Yeah, totally agreed, it's long been a staple of the comic, but to bring it up at this point in the story? Totally inappropriate. Her not liking dresses was fine as a gag, but this is SRS BUSINESS.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Ms.mudd looks somewhat angry
Looks content to me, unless you mean Millie.
Also, Llewellyn is kinda racist towards mammals.
I wouldn't say that. He just believes that a boy should be raised as a member of his adoptive father's species. Possibly he's confused about the enduring biological nature of foxhood. Now, Isolde -- there's a mammal disdainer.
I can't remember if some of Llewellyn's family thinks Ozy is a dragon or not. I know that during the family reunion, Llew was vaguely worried that Ozy might get eaten. Or something.
I think it's more that they're more willing to accept Ozy if he resembles them. Certainly his great aunt knew that he wasn't a dragon by birth.
For Llewellyn, that just might pass for serious.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

tailsjedi

Postby tailsjedi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Well, so much for no such thing as a hair curse... :oops:

Last I remember reading, Llew was trying to convince some of the Llewellyn family members that Ozy was a dragon at the family reunion. Ozy even roasted the arranged marriage papers for him and Isolde (after eating some mega-hot peppers) right in Aunt Tulip's claw. Tiberius continued questioning Ozy's heritage, but thanx to Cousin Alistair, Ozy's secret was kept safe.

So, odds are members of the Llewellyn Family will be at the wedding, hopefully including Grandma Isabella (I really liked her). Also, we might get to see members of the Mudd family, who we have only heard about in conversation.

marklungo

Postby marklungo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Ms.mudd looks somewhat adorable
Fixed. :wink:
Signature? You mean I'm supposed to put some meaningless block of text here?

Tabris_The_17th

Postby Tabris_The_17th » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Also, Millie looks zombie-esque in the second panel.
Or stoned. Hugs, not drugs Millie.
www.aiacrowd.com- Now updating every Tuesday and Friday!
"Like a post modern Peanuts with cat eared girls...kinda"

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:25 am

Addendum: If the last comic is going to be on the date on the invitation than there's only time for one or two more at the current rate of production.
Or we will get a full week's worth. We'll see. Kinda curious as to what the final comic will be.

As for this, I agree that what Lew is doing seems cruel. Besides, he should just tell his family that he adopted a mammal and if they don't like it they can shove off! Honestly, I doubt his family would try to hurt Ozy if they knew the truth no matter how much they disliked it.

As for the racism issue, the dragons in general seem to consider mammals as lower class life forms. Most of their conspiracies seem to be about trying to control them in some way.

Isolde seems torn. She frequently absues mammals but seems to like Ozy, Mille and Ms. Mudd. I like to think that she and Ozy end up married someday.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:39 am

Millie not liking girly dresses? Yeah, totally agreed, it's long been a staple of the comic, but to bring it up at this point in the story? Totally inappropriate. Her not liking dresses was fine as a gag, but this is SRS BUSINESS.
I'm fairly sure he was talking about the shaving gag.

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Just what I was going to say!

Rich::

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Ms. Mudd looks somewhat... bent over.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Return to “O&M Strips”