October 1st, 2008: You are cordially invited

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 am

*facepaw at Fonz jumping the shark*

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:24 am

*facepaw at Fonz jumping the shark*
*Facepalm at Ty.*

Balthier21

Postby Balthier21 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:04 am

Such a sad, yet happy event...
I've only recently discovered he strip. Within the last week, actually. I was searching for something to fix my boredom, give me a laugh, and, possibly, coax a good story out of my brain. So, I searched for Comics.

I hit upon this comic one panel back, when they were talking about leaving school. So I re-winded to the beginning. I finished them earlier today, and learned it was ending..

Ahh, well. enough about me. Reason I posted here is, This invitation was clearly written by Llewellyn. He's exactly the right person to follow a perfectly "Normal" thing with something completely off-the-wall. I'd say, Ms.Mudd (I guess we can call her Mili, now, huh? Or is that too close to her daughter's name?) Found out, and has recruited Millie in fixing them.....

(plus, it's written in the almost same font as Llewellyn talks...)

And, as to Llewellyn's full name.... Give me a minute, it's somewhere in these strips..... *digs through archive* well, the senators and representatives from U.S.A. called him *ahem*

"Chief Diagonal Pumpkinhead Non-hippopotamus Dragon Thingy-Dingy-Flingy Llewellyen *gasp for breath* the nineteenth." (I'd hate to be the Pastor person to marry them... And repeat that name over and over.)

And, finally, pronounciation. I believe "Llewellyn" is "Lew-el-en." Just spelled weird. Probably another Conspiracy to keep people from being able to send mail to their house easily. Or something. (best not to question those conspiracies)

And "Miliani" I think, is pronounced "Mil(like million)-ee-an-e" or "Mee-lee-ahn-e" Ahh, well.

I'll shut up now. *ducks from tomatoes being thrown at his over-criticalness and ranting* ^_^;

cps10106

Postby cps10106 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 am

And, as to Llewellyn's full name.... Give me a minute, it's somewhere in these strips..... *digs through archive* well, the senators and representatives from U.S.A. called him *ahem*

"Chief Diagonal Pumpkinhead Non-hippopotamus Dragon Thingy-Dingy-Flingy Llewellyen *gasp for breath* the nineteenth." (I'd hate to be the Pastor person to marry them... And repeat that name over and over.)
I believe that's only his official government title as leader of Greater Llewellynlland. His name is still just Llewellyn.

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:23 am

Well, I've grown so accustomed to not knowing her first name, this took me a second to comprehend. It's a really pretty first name, if I only knew how to pronounce it....
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:51 pm

Well, I've grown so accustomed to not knowing her first name, this took me a second to comprehend. It's a really pretty first name, if I only knew how to pronounce it....
Mi-li-LA-nee is how I'd say it.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Say, is Mililani going to keep her name unchanged, or will she be Mililani Mudd Llewellyn? I suspect the former, given her progressive approach to things in general.

I notice that her initials are Roman numerals either way. She can be 3,000 or 2,050.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:09 pm

Probably change it, so she won't have to say "Hello, my name is Mudd." anymore :P

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:58 pm

And remember, the word 'mud' backwards is 'dum'. /Bugs Bunny
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:12 am

"Chief Diagonal Pumpkinhead Non-hippopotamus Dragon Thingy-Dingy-Flingy Llewellyen *gasp for breath* the nineteenth."
Llewellyn

Return to “O&M Strips”