One of the interesting ones - Sept 05.2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:27 am

First time I've seen a teacher appear to encourage, or at least wish luck at, criminal behavior. (It's one thing to disregard bullying....)

If the comic does end with the wedding as it seems, I trust DCS to handle it much better than Lynn Johnston.
GREAT WALL OF TEXT!
That's more like a short picket fence of text.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:26 pm

First time I've seen a teacher appear to encourage, or at least wish luck at, criminal behavior. (It's one thing to disregard bullying....)

If the comic does end with the wedding as it seems, I trust DCS to handle it much better than Lynn Johnston.
GREAT WALL OF TEXT!
That's more like a short picket fence of text.
He meant the For Better or for Worse ending Tom was referencing.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:29 am

Ah, I see. I never liked that comic. =/

MW

Postby MW » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:01 am

Aside from the wedding, it's hard to track how much of the story is left. I can tell that this arc is meant to wrap up all the loose ends regarding school and some of the classmates, but I'm at the point of wondering what else there is to cover before what will truly be a heartwarming conclusion, if at all, one forever full circle between Ozy and Mille's friendship.

My only regrets about this is on the account of two characters. Locke is obviously going to die of... young age; and Timulty (of all horrors) is going to have to grow up. Unless Ozy has any influence, Timulty will probably end up being like Avery in most ways as per the "mentor full of big brother" idea. Awful, just awful. It's going to feel so bad to see the pure corrupted.

... back on the topic of this current arc though, I'm trying to sense if Jeremy is going to get any Karmic Backlash in a few strips. Knowing the way life his, he's going to get off scott-free, won't he?

They always do.

Rikirk

Postby Rikirk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:07 pm

Is Simpson getting mellow?

Dont get me wrong..I kinda like it.
"Yes, yes I'll admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I've already figured out you're stupid." Dr. Rodney McKay Stargate: Atlantis

"Did you say mattress?,...I did ask you not to. Now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:32 am

I too hope she doesn't go and do something to make us dislike her in the last few strips.
I don't think that's possible.

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:03 pm

I too hope she doesn't go and do something to make us dislike her in the last few strips.
I don't think that's possible.
True. Then again it wouldn't be too hard for her to make me dislike her as she's not my favorite in the strip.
Nathan

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:05 pm

The last episode of "Seinfeld" got many viewers annoyed at the characters for the first (and obviously last) time. I hear that the people who liked the finale best are the ones who didn't like the show in the first place.

So keep your fingers crossed about O&M.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:59 am

The last episode of "Seinfeld" got many viewers annoyed at the characters for the first (and obviously last) time. I hear that the people who liked the finale best are the ones who didn't like the show in the first place.

So keep your fingers crossed about O&M.
What is Seinfeld?

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:11 pm

What is Seinfeld?
Popularly described as "a show about nothing," it was really a sitcom about four New York apartment-dwelling buddies, one of them being Jerry Seinfeld (pretending to be a less successful stand-up comic than in real life). It ran from 1989 to 1998. Its popularity at the time is reflected in the persistence of some coined terms and phrases, as well as the millions of dollars spent per episode on payrolls.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

osprey

Postby osprey » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:35 pm

Regardless, it was still damn funny.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:02 am

That it was.

NO SOUP FOR YOU.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Return to “O&M Strips”