Friday, June 27, 2008 - PartŽ

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Time for my useless poll of doom again!

Poll ended at Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:03 am

This is my favorite O&M strip!
No votes
This is a great one!
6%
I like this strip, it's good.
44%
It's OK.
13%
I don't care for it.
6%
I don't like this one.
No votes
Ugh, I hope this gets pushed back into the archives with a new strip soon.
6%
OMG DCS RUINED O&M ;_;
25%

Total votes: 16

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.
Friday, June 27, 2008 - PartŽ

Postby The MAZZTer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 am

Not sure how to pronounce the title. After some investigation* I have concluded that it is indeed supposed to be the weird Z you see (unless you use IE in which case you should get a browser that lets you see the WHOLE GLORIOUS TITLE) instead of the E acute one Ozy mentions. How do you pronounce this title anyway?

* - My investigation also uncovered annoying ads which cover the comic when I first viewed the page in Opera! And just as I was starting to feel bad about blocking ads in Firefox.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:10 am

This is why they ("they" being HTML books in this case) teach you to use those funny codes so early on. Some browsers go funky when you try to embed actual extended characters, unless you use some special encoding on the file.

é is the one we're looking for today. Alternately, é works as well.

(Interesting. PHPBB actually converts the numeric ones into the symbols they represent, but not the alphabetic ones. Useful bit of information, that.)
Last edited by Steve the Pocket on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:11 am

Yeah I was gonna put that, but it definitely looks like it's supposed to be the funny Z there. That's how it looks in the top three standards compliant browsers, which is a subset of all browsers, but it excludes anything Microsoft made. Or bought.

Unless he wanted it to render the "this font does not support this character" box, like IE does.
Last edited by The MAZZTer on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:12 am

I found it funny. It's very true, as I always felt the same way reading stuff like that. It just doesn't work for them to do it.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Baxter Villa

Postby Baxter Villa » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Gods, that note was painful. Thankfully, I've only had a few teachers who dare to try slang. And hey, Ozy isn't wearing his hat! When was the last time that happened?
The strength to protect the innocent. The wisdom to uphold justice. The courage to stand against evil. This is the way of the Knight.
- The oath of the Knights of the Realm

klimt

Postby klimt » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:59 am

Gods, that note was painful. Thankfully, I've only had a few teachers who dare to try slang. And hey, Ozy isn't wearing his hat! When was the last time that happened?
the previous school day? almost every school i've been in looks down on hat wearing.

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:25 am

the previous school day? almost every school i've been in looks down on hat wearing.
:? But in Tuesday's strip he was wearing the hat...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:54 am

Maybe the teacher made him take it off, because the kids behind him couldn't see?

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Whattup, dawg.
Thither

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:49 pm

I think I'm gonna be sick. :sad:

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Wow...even to this day my hair stands on end at such a lame attempt to sound hip and with it. If I had a tail, it probably would frizz too.
Nathan

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Ozy has a special hat exception note. Because he needs the hat to keep his brain from freezing. True story.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:26 pm

Ms. Skoroskowityutzs has quite a creative use for her pouch. I wonder if the pens end up hurting after a while?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:36 pm

Okay I was able to tolerate his previous excursions; but he has gone to the well one too many times on this one. I will not allow such things on this forum!
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:34 pm

Okay I was able to tolerate his previous excursions; but he has gone to the well one too many times on this one. I will not allow such things on this forum!
Sir, as the president of Define Current Strips, you MUST have a plan of action! Certainly such acts cannot go forgived? Certainly they cannot go unpunished?

Return to “O&M Strips”