June 16, 2008 - Time keeps on slipping

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Riiya

Postby Riiya » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:08 am

You know, I thought Garfield was an amusing strip when I read it as a child, in the 80's. Either the strip has gotten a lot worse, or the strip was never meant to appeal to adult tastes.

Either O&M art style is fine for me; it's the humor that really attracts me to the strip.

put-down-the-camera

Postby put-down-the-camera » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:13 am

This strip made me insanely nostalgic. I'm not fond of ends and letting stuff go, so seeing this comic coming to an end (as well as my trying to stretch the archive out for as long as possible) is very depressing. But it was a pretty amazing reflective strip. One of my favorites. :]
Some Men Just Want To Watch The World BURN

I'm that random guy that randomly posts for no reason. I'm that guy whose existence on this board is absolutely unnecessary and completely ignored.

yay!

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:10 am

Still hard to believe it's actually ending. =/
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

"Garfield" is not the comic with the least amount of change. It's just a popular example by virtue of success disproportionate to its popularity among adults. Frankly, in 30 years, it's changed about as much as "Peanuts" did.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Return to “O&M Strips”