Monday 2nd June 2008 - Sibling Mutation

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Stephan
Monday 2nd June 2008 - Sibling Mutation

Postby Stephan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:56 am

Yes well...

I predicted this on an earlier occasion:

:twisted:
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

NHJ BV

Postby NHJ BV » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:11 am

what the hell
Zen Master Ikyoto said: "The world is vast and wide. Why, then, do you wear pants in which you could smuggle Volkswagens?"

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Freaky...I like the actual comic that's on the website better though. Ying-Yang shirt for the win...very nice.
Nathan

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Win.

Also, somebody should post the real comic.

Last edited by Baconsticks on Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zia

Postby zia » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:51 pm

It seems Ozy and Millie have reacted in the exact same way as they do to everything else. Ozy remains stoic and simply accepts what happens, and Millie fantasizes about gaining mutant superpowers :roll:

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Stephan, I rather like your last panel, if "panel" is the right word. The tail especially.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm

They'll "practically" be siblings? Eh, it depends on how literally you take the word I guess.

Now would probably not be a good time for Locke's return, would it?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Baxter Villa

Postby Baxter Villa » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:59 pm

Would they be step-siblings, or what would they be? That's what's bothering me right now. Although, I'm also wondering how their relationship is going to change, aside from the obvious. I mean, right now all I can think about is that romantic dream that Millie had about her and Ozy watching the sunset…
The strength to protect the innocent. The wisdom to uphold justice. The courage to stand against evil. This is the way of the Knight.
- The oath of the Knights of the Realm

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Eh, I don't think that dream was romantic, so much as it was 'best-friends'.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Simba Cub

Postby Simba Cub » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Would they be step-siblings, or what would they be? That's what's bothering me right now. Although, I'm also wondering how their relationship is going to change, aside from the obvious. I mean, right now all I can think about is that romantic dream that Millie had about her and Ozy watching the sunset…
Me too. I don't think that any kind of intimacy between Ozy and Millie will ever take place, given this revelation.

Rich::

The Vanishing Hitchhiker

Postby The Vanishing Hitchhiker » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:16 pm

:? Am I the only person feeling "Simpsons reference" dripping off this strip? "And then our kids will be horrible freaks with pink skin, no overbites, and five fingers on each hand!"

Anyway. Oh Ozy, proving to us always that everything goes with a top hat, if done with the proper level of panache.
could it be that she was the sister of the boy in Kansas who loved the girl with the tattered shawl who was the daughter of the maid who had escaped from the pirates?

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Anyway. Oh Ozy, proving to us always that everything goes with a top hat, if done with the proper level of panache.
Y'know what *never* goes with a top hat?

Pants. :-P
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm not going to pretend to be in favor or against Ozy and Millie having a romantic relationship, but I will say that Ms. Mudd and Llewellyn wanting to get married doesn't mean their kids won't still fall in love - in fact, sticky situations like that have happened before... just because someone with kids marries someone else with kids, doesn't mean you can keep those kids from falling in love.

After all, if Llewellyn and Ms. Mudd get married, Ozy and Millie wouldn't be blood relatives, they'd just be related as step-siblings. And of course, when faced with an obstacle, love has a way of blossoming... now that Ozy and Millie may realize that they CAN'T be together, who knows what will happen? Nothing is more tempting than forbidden fruit.

Of course, the kids are only 10 or 11 years old anyway so it's all kind of weird to be hypothesizing in the first place.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm not going to pretend to be in favor or against Ozy and Millie having a romantic relationship, but I will say that Ms. Mudd and Llewellyn wanting to get married doesn't mean their kids won't still fall in love - in fact, sticky situations like that have happened before... just because someone with kids marries someone else with kids, doesn't mean you can keep those kids from falling in love.

After all, if Llewellyn and Ms. Mudd get married, Ozy and Millie wouldn't be blood relatives, they'd just be related as step-siblings. And of course, when faced with an obstacle, love has a way of blossoming... now that Ozy and Millie may realize that they CAN'T be together, who knows what will happen? Nothing is more tempting than forbidden fruit.

Of course, the kids are only 10 or 11 years old anyway so it's all kind of weird to be hypothesizing in the first place.
This is 90% of the posts in Current Strips.

Chris

Re: Monday 2nd June 2008 - Sibling Mutation

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Yes well...

I predicted this on an earlier occasion:

:twisted:

Drew ms.mudd just for this post. :-P

Return to “O&M Strips”