Monday 2nd June 2008 - Sibling Mutation

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Rievan

Postby Rievan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:26 pm

Some of those powers manifesting would make an interesting ending to the strips, especially tails that shoot fire.
Ecce Homo

The J.A.M.

Postby The J.A.M. » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 am

And I bet some artists here are going to take up Millie's offer and draw what she just described... :D

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:04 am

This is 90% of the posts in Current Strips.
Thank you for enlightening me -- I don't really have the time or stamina to read 90% of the posts in Current Strips before I post my own messages... :wink:

Acid!

Postby Acid! » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:27 am

Would they be step-siblings, or what would they be? That's what's bothering me right now. Although, I'm also wondering how their relationship is going to change, aside from the obvious. I mean, right now all I can think about is that romantic dream that Millie had about her and Ozy watching the sunset…

Neither Millie nor Ozy have ever really shown a romantic interest in one another. As said that dream seems more best friendly then romantic. Millie kissed Ozy in order to prove she didn't like him, and jumped at the chance to do brother/sister stuff while riding in the car with him on one of the trips they took together. There is little to show they have a relationship that is more then plutonic.

The Vanishing Hitchhiker

Postby The Vanishing Hitchhiker » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:56 am

Anyway. Oh Ozy, proving to us always that everything goes with a top hat, if done with the proper level of panache.
Y'know what *never* goes with a top hat?

Pants. :-P
Of course pants go with top hats. Ozy simply eschews the obvious, choosing instead to buck the common trends.
could it be that she was the sister of the boy in Kansas who loved the girl with the tattered shawl who was the daughter of the maid who had escaped from the pirates?

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:45 am

Stephan, I rather like your last panel, if "panel" is the right word. The tail especially.
Thanks! I guess I was using the Bill Watterson approach in having panel-less panels if you know what I mean. ;)

Glad you liked her tail. This was a lot of fun to draw. I enjoy designing hybrids. Just wish that my drawing skills will improve. Maybe in a few years...

As a lot of people have probably guessed, I used Isolde as the model for Millie's dragon features here.
:? Am I the only person feeling "Simpsons reference" dripping off this strip? "And then our kids will be horrible freaks with pink skin, no overbites, and five fingers on each hand!"
And then Homer Simpson runs screaming from the room after hallucinating this idea on Bart, Lisa & Maggie. Yes I noticed the similarity. :lol: That's from the episode where Grandpa Simpson was courting Marge's mother.
Drew ms.mudd just for this post.
Thanks! I like the Mudd LOL picture. :D
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:27 pm

And I bet some artists here are going to take up Millie's offer and draw what she just described... :D
I suppose I will if nobody beats me to it. I'm thinking of having Felicia nearby, unsure whether to call Millie an even bigger freak or leave well enough alone.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:28 pm

There is little to show they have a relationship that is more then plutonic.
Do you mean astronomical or radioactive? :-P
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Nuclear Millie?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

The Vanishing Hitchhiker

Postby The Vanishing Hitchhiker » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:34 pm

plutonic, n; igneous rocks that have solidified beneath the Earth's surface. Or something like that.
could it be that she was the sister of the boy in Kansas who loved the girl with the tattered shawl who was the daughter of the maid who had escaped from the pirates?

Acid!

Postby Acid! » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:51 am

Radioactive of course, how else would she mutate.

FoxSpirit

Postby FoxSpirit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm not going to pretend to be in favor or against Ozy and Millie having a romantic relationship, but I will say that Ms. Mudd and Llewellyn wanting to get married doesn't mean their kids won't still fall in love - in fact, sticky situations like that have happened before... just because someone with kids marries someone else with kids, doesn't mean you can keep those kids from falling in love.

After all, if Llewellyn and Ms. Mudd get married, Ozy and Millie wouldn't be blood relatives, they'd just be related as step-siblings. And of course, when faced with an obstacle, love has a way of blossoming... now that Ozy and Millie may realize that they CAN'T be together, who knows what will happen? Nothing is more tempting than forbidden fruit.

Of course, the kids are only 10 or 11 years old anyway so it's all kind of weird to be hypothesizing in the first place.
Actually, this all depends on the law. I mean, in some US states cousins 1st(!) grade can marry, eg California, Sout California, Tennessee, Colorado or Maine, where First cousins may marry provided they present the municipal clerk with a certificate of genetic counseling from a physician.

Actually, searching around there is NO law in the US prohibiting marriage between step-siblings. On the contrary, it seems that is not as uncommon as this may seem.

And then, after all that, this doesn't count. Since the laws applicable here are those of greater Llewellynland which are founded and profound insight and peanut butter jelly. :grin:

datherman

Postby datherman » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:42 pm

It appears Tom has been beaten
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 pm

bwahahahahahahaha!

Dr. Dos

Postby Dr. Dos » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 am

Nice account name there.

Return to “O&M Strips”