Wednesday, May 14, 2008: Grade School Blues

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 am

I love how Ozy's too short for his sax (bari?).
Tenor.
Thank you, I couldn't remember which it was.

I played clarinet, however, but I love the saxophone.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 am

I ralize that every body has parts of their mind that are "ozy-ish" and parts that are "millie-ish". but one of the reasons I feel I can relate to ozy is that we share the same opinions and emotions, and both share the ability to play the greatest blues instrument to ever exist!
The tambourine?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

optiMITCHprime
Location:on the planet next to alpha centauri that nobody ever notices

Postby optiMITCHprime » Thu May 15, 2008 2:40 am

I ralize that every body has parts of their mind that are "ozy-ish" and parts that are "millie-ish". but one of the reasons I feel I can relate to ozy is that we share the same opinions and emotions, and both share the ability to play the greatest blues instrument to ever exist!

The tambourine?
the saxaphone, actualy. but close.
Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Thu May 15, 2008 3:25 am

The tambourine?
You cannot even spell your own instrument. I am disappointed.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 am

The tambourine?
That means he likes you and wants to be your friend.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Thu May 15, 2008 12:21 pm

This is really cool. And the picture being blue itself makes it even better. I noticed Ozy's feet right away. When I play guitar, I point my feet like that occasionally as well for some reason.
A lot of folks do that when playing an instrument. Now I've never noticed any of my guitar-playing pals pointing their feet in like that but I guess theirs a first time for everything.
Nathan

optiMITCHprime

Postby optiMITCHprime » Thu May 15, 2008 12:58 pm

The tambourine?
the saxophone, actualy. but close.
That means he likes you and wants to be your friend.
I'm not sure if I want to be his friend :sad:
Babies have big heads and big eyes, and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu May 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I figure it's a baritone sax, simply because DCS loves Lisa Simpson. He's pointed out the little-appreciated running gag that Lisa plays something that requires more lung power than the average grown man can comfortably muster.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

optiMITCHprime

Postby optiMITCHprime » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm

no Its a tenor (like the one I have) if it was a bari its neck would be twisted in a loop-de-loop

Return to “O&M Strips”