28 March 2008: A radical paradigm

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Richard K Niner
28 March 2008: A radical paradigm

Postby Richard K Niner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Ah, the fresh start. Though it's most effective when nobody knows each other.
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Baxter Villa

Postby Baxter Villa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 pm

And Ozy and Millie did indeed have a conversation. I love how Ozy seems to be playing with her in that last box… say, has he ever even worn a different hat? Somehow, I doubt the two of them are going to try all that hard to change themselves when they get that far, or at least Ozy isn't going to, since he seems the most confident about himself among their collective peers.
The strength to protect the innocent. The wisdom to uphold justice. The courage to stand against evil. This is the way of the Knight.
- The oath of the Knights of the Realm

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:32 pm

If DCS is reading this post, here's a suggestion: Go back to the surreal situations and general silliness, and have the deeper stuff take a backseat.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:01 am

I think he knows better than to listen to you, Sir Bacon. :roll:

So anyway, I could be wrong, but the signs are all pointing in that direction--is DCS going to age the characters again? Or at least move them forward grade-wise? (Um, never having been to junior high, what age does it usually start at?)
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:03 am

I think he knows better than to listen to you, Sir Bacon. :roll:
Right, Because I always act like a /b/tard. Thanks.

Amber

Postby Amber » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:17 am

Yay! I really hope they get an age-up into junior high! Mainly because I'm a sevvie (Seventh grader) this year.

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:28 am

I would very much like to see him advance them a year or two, and I think he might be doing it because he's probably tired of having them stay the same age as their situations tend to get more and more mature, but they seem to stay the same age.

Bacon: I think it would work if, assuming this arc is over, he did do that. He could go back to general antics for a while, and then move into another arc.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

The Foxish

Postby The Foxish » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:40 am

I think, and you may colour me a paranoid type for the thought, that the ending is imminent here.

Blue has hinted for some time that O&M likely won't make it out of the year, and I think we're looking at that point--a huge paradigm shift, moving the case from Grade School to Junior High, something that's never come about ever before. The characters are aging, relationships are changing, and I see that in some ways as a sign that this chapter is going to end.

I'll sad to see it go...

(I read a bit into Millie's comment about wanting to move some strips back, but I probably overstretched a simple gag line.)

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:56 am

I imagine Ozy eventually turning into one of the sarcastic types that everyone goes to for advice.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:20 am

Panel 2: HOW DO I SHOT WEB

Æron

Postby Æron » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:15 am

For some reason, something feels foreboding here.

Either DCS is setting up a radical change in the strip (moving up the characters' ages) or this could be the beginning of the end... :sad:

Rievan

Postby Rievan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:18 am

It is never wise to put too much expectation on anything. It is easier to except what life gives instead.
Ecce Homo

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 am

I hope DCS won't end Ozy and Millie. I won't mind if DCS age them but i hope he wont end it. D:

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:53 am

I dunno - by the looks of his DA, he's got a whole other world in the planning stages. Maybe he'll kill off most of the cast, slipping the survivors into an alternate dimension?

Hmm, but... who should survive?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

teozo

Postby teozo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:25 am

I don't belive that D.C.Simpson will end the strip, but I think he'll reduce the number of strips per week it's already 4 per week. And he'll shurly age the chatacters, so can we stop now.
Who thinks war is good is against me.
Who likes war is hateing me.

http://www.prato.linux.it/~lmasetti/ant ... hp?lang=en
Anti-war songs website.

http://www.croatianhistory.net/
About my Homeland. Read it.

http://www.paulhone.com/
Force H - good music

Return to “O&M Strips”