Wednesday, 19 March 2008 - Schadenfreude

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 pm

The fairies leave Mille tents?

<.<

>.>

That piece of dialogue makes no sense whatsoever.

gen200

Postby gen200 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:13 pm

The fairies leave Mille tents?

<.<

>.>

That piece of dialogue makes no sense whatsoever.
Swag also means "stolen property".
Procrastinators unite! (tomorrow...)

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:48 pm

Is it sad when Ozy and Millie has taught me more vocabulary than my entire year of English class?
No. I gained an extensive lexicon from Calvin and Hobbes early in life. And I blame this early exposure to big words the reason I have trouble writing plainly.

Jedi Ozy

Felicia in tears...

Postby Jedi Ozy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 pm

It's probably because I don't get offended easily or swayed to emotions of anger and hate so quickly, but as one who strives for compassion, I would give Felicia a hug here, no matter how mean-spirited she can be.

Sure, she's been a real pain in the tail for a lot of people, but having it all come down on her like that, nobody, not even cruel people like her, deserve to suffer, without at least some comfort. Even if a guy like me isn't her type to give comfort, even if she would be the type to want me to leave her to her misery.

I'm still hoping she'll stay in her Goth scene, though at the moment her eyeliner is being ruined, of course. Mayhaps Ozy and Millie can try again with Avery and those "spare parts."
"The zen of martial arts is learning not to fight by learning how to fight; to learn not to kill by learning how to kill, etc."

Kazapsky

Re: Felicia in tears...

Postby Kazapsky » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:04 pm

... nobody, not even cruel people like her, deserve to suffer, without at least some comfort.
This is the point where I have to question your having read the comic at all prior to the last couple story arcs. Felicia is getting EXACTLY what she deserves.

Rievan

Postby Rievan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:48 am

... nobody, not even cruel people like her, deserve to suffer, without at least some comfort.
This is the point where I have to question your having read the comic at all prior to the last couple story arcs. Felicia is getting EXACTLY what she deserves.
You should not judge a person based purely on actions observed. Felicia could be trying to deal with family deaths or have cancer. It is always better to show compassion to a person than casually dismiss them.
Ecce Homo

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:00 pm

You should not judge a person based purely on actions observed. Felicia could be trying to deal with family deaths or have cancer. It is always better to show compassion to a person than casually dismiss them.
Your Argument would work, however, you have overlooked one tiny detail: Felicia is a comic strip Character, not a real person.

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Your Argument would work, however, you have overlooked one tiny detail: Felicia is a comic strip Character, not a real person.
:shock:

Since... since when?
Bad thigs happen because people are stupid.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Hey, comic strip characters have feelings too!
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Glenn565

Postby Glenn565 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Non-existent feelings, yes.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:44 pm

For a moment there, I wanted to argue my point, but in this case it looks like nobody's likely to convince anyone of anything (also it's flippin' 2:45 in the morning), so...
Just because they're non-existent doesn't mean it isn't real.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:58 pm

For a moment there, I wanted to argue my point, but in this case it looks like nobody's likely to convince anyone of anything (also it's flippin' 2:45 in the morning), so...
Just because they're non-existent doesn't mean it isn't real.
Their feelings are as real as they are.
It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude. I found it in the glare of midafternoon, in the clangour of a metropolis...

Aahe

Postby Aahe » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:20 am

Hypothetically a "good" reason for her behavior could still be part of her character and it simply hasn't been revealed to the readers yet.
I'm not going to pick up on your sarcasm...

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 am

Once again, srs discussion arises.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Once again, srs discussion arises.
Oh lawd.

Return to “O&M Strips”