Jan 25th 2008: Forensic work

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Millie doesn't have a reputation as a peacful person. She is a known troublemaker who once tried to lead a group of students on a raid for treasure against the school.

I also don't see how Ozy not liking Jeremy makes him less bias. If anything it makes him more bias.

Even if Ms. Sorkowitz suspects Millie was provoked she can only punish what she sees. Otherwise everytime one student got irritated at another all they would need to do is make up a story, have a friend say they witnessed the event, and get a person in trouble.
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Ms. Sorkowitz has to consider more than just Jeremy and Millie. There's a lot of other factors here too.

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:54 am

Ms. Sorkowitz has to consider more than just Jeremy and Millie. There's a lot of other factors here too.
Thanks - that's all I'm really trying to point out.

The only reasonable explanation for Ms. Sorkowitz's behavior, that would explain her actions, is that she has a personal grudge against Millie, and that just isn't healty. Either that or she's simply lazy, and again, if she is lazy, there's medication that can help with that.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:08 am

Thanks - that's all I'm really trying to point out.

The only reasonable explanation for Ms. Sorkowitz's behavior, that would explain her actions, is that she has a personal grudge against Millie, and that just isn't healty. Either that or she's simply lazy, and again, if she is lazy, there's medication that can help with that.
Or, She's trying to avoid conflict. other people, for example, Jeremy's dad. I think she's just trying to be politically correct.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:12 am

See, what'd I tell you? D.C. has abandoned all pretense that Ms. S is a decent person.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:28 am

For all you know she works at a soup kitchen on her days off.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:40 am

See, what'd I tell you? D.C. has abandoned all pretense that Ms. S is a decent person.

Yes, by only looking at the evidence she was presented with instead of showing bias it clearly shows she is evil.
Round the hangin tree
Swayin in the breeze
In the summer sun
As we two are one
Swayin

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:50 am

Yes, by only looking at the evidence she was presented with instead of showing bias it clearly shows she is evil.
This is a comic though, such deep analysis (as pertains to real life) as some fans subject characters to is not always necessary. Fun though.

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:06 am

Quite the opposite! Her bias prevented her from looking at the evidence that was presented to her. :smile:

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:16 am

She's actively refusing to give a rat's arse about one of her students because it's not "easy" to do so. That's a pretty solid sign of bad character. Maybe it's just my own private-school background, and having higher expectations of educators in matters like this, factoring in here.

For one thing, at my old school something as severe as physical violence would result in a direct trip to the assistant principal for both parties involved to sort the matter out. Both sides would always tell their side of the story before anything would be decided.

Quexinos

Postby Quexinos » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:25 am

I'm gonna have to jump the "I hope this doesn't just end with Ozy and Millie on the loosing end because Millie cried so much" bandwagon.

I mean I sincerely hope DC didn't make Millie cry just to have another lesson in "Life sucks"

That's kinda what's keeping me on board with this story anyway. That something bigger is going to happen. If it does end with Ozy and Millie walking with Millie summing it up, "Well Mom went to talk to my school and didn't get through to anyone, this sucks.." and then Ozy says something like, "I guess this is another lesson to learn." and Millie says, "I'd rather watch TV" and that's the end, yeah I'll be pretty upset too.

Or even if it was an "awww" ending like Millie sums it up, says it sucks and then says, "Thanks for listening Ozy" and Ozy says, "That's what friends are for" and they hug and that's the end...

okay I'll stop now
Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:27 pm

Just for the record, I'm working on the assumption that all Ms. Sorkowitz saw was Millie, while standing on a muddly puddle and completely covered in dirt, with tears in her eyes (If she was close enough), punching Jeremy in the arm. But not Jeremy persistently pushing Millie into the mud, as she says.

Okay, throwing a punch may very well merit some sort of punishment, I'll give her that much. But passing judgment without questioning the people involved...

Then again, having to deal with Millie so many times, on top of whatever she's had to go through with all her other students in the time she's been teaching, it makes sense that she'd take the easy way out. Not saying it's justified or fair, mind you. It's just that after so long, it's easier to go "[bleep] it all!" and do whatever takes the least effort on your part. Though if that's the case, I'd suggest she get a replacement and take a sabbatical.

Or if not, then she'd better have some reason for acting that way, even if it is a sad, pathetic and/or twisted reason.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:19 pm

itt srs discussions

Rocketman

Postby Rocketman » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Just for the record, I'm working on the assumption that all Ms. Sorkowitz saw was Millie, while standing on a muddly puddle and completely covered in dirt, with tears in her eyes (If she was close enough), punching Jeremy in the arm. But not Jeremy persistently pushing Millie into the mud, as she says.
Note also, if she looked over that way earlier, she might've seen Millie fall in the mud with only Ozy around.

So...

1. Millie covered in mud is independent of Jeremy.
2. Millie hit Jeremy.
3. J will say he didn't push her in repeatedly, M will say he did, Ozy will agree with her but he has a history of disliking J and being M's friend.
4. M has a history of responding to words with physical actions.

Conclusion: Millie was in the mud, Jeremy comes over and taunts her, Millie decks him.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:10 pm

itt srs discussions
LOL WUT

Return to “O&M Strips”