Not a Bob Dylan fan ~~~ July 10 2006

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

osprey
Not a Bob Dylan fan ~~~ July 10 2006

Postby osprey » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:44 am

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/2006/om20060710.html

I had a chuckle over this one. I myself am a Dylan fan however, he may not have the best voice, but he is a poet.

This strip has probably the most complex background scenery of any recent strip.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:50 am

Gotta agree with ya on the background complexity.

I myself, have never heard Bob Dylan before.
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

NHJ BV

Postby NHJ BV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:09 pm

My mother is sort of a Bob Dylan fan, and yes, the little harmonica does get annoying after a while.
Zen Master Ikyoto said: "The world is vast and wide. Why, then, do you wear pants in which you could smuggle Volkswagens?"

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:19 pm

Boo for background complexity, means more colouring work for me. :P
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:49 pm

What about today's Bob Dylan? He doesn't sound very similar.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:02 pm

that was pretty funny. :)

I like how bob dylan used to sound. I saw him in concert when he went around with willie nelson, but the problem was I had just ridden in town from the beach and hadn't eaten in 8 hours by the time he came out, so I couldn't enjoy it at all. his voice sounded like he was either muttering or clearing his throat (it's funnier if I'm talking to you when I say that because I go "brrgrrrgrrgrrACHHHHACHHHACHHACHH")
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Hmm gotta wonder if Felicia is just here to make fun of all of Millie's music. :ninja:

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:08 pm

hmm...CodeCat's going to be in coloring hell on this one...

anyway, I was expecting something different, like the Beatles (though I'm sure they'll come up). I didn't really thing Millie was a Bob Dylan fan.

definately made me laugh though.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:17 pm

I saw him in concert when he went around with willie nelson... (snip) his voice sounded like he was either muttering or clearing his throat (it's funnier if I'm talking to you when I say that because I go "brrgrrrgrrgrrACHHHHACHHHACHHACHH")
I saw the same tour and concur. I wonder how Felicia would describe it.
I didn't really thing Millie was a Bob Dylan fan.
He was a total hippie icon. Of course she likes him.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:28 pm

Wow, this one was quite a bit of work, but I won't let that scare me off. And I've been colouring O&M daily for a month now!

P.S. Anyone notice that Ernest the duck mysteriously vanished from the right speaker of the stereo set in the last panel? :P
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:33 pm

Anyone notice that Ernest the duck mysteriously vanished from the right speaker of the stereo set in the last panel? :P
*gasp* Ernest is MAGIC!
ImageImage

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:37 pm

Geez, CodeCat. Has Caigan contacted you yet about a job with HouseRules? Becuase we could certainly use your talent and more importantly, fastness.

Although I think the creative coloring of the R.E.M. logo is wrong. Look at the logo on Isolde's shirt on the Cast page; it's a light gray (silver?) star and lettering on a dark gray background. (It might help to look up their website, something I don't have the time for.)

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:48 pm

I did not Notice that REM poster untill you pointed it out, and here is the website

http://www.remhq.com/flash/index.html

It was either gonna be me, or Fekeal who posted this, too bad I beat him :P
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:51 pm

Ah, I wasn't really happy about that myself actually. But I couldn't really think of anything better cause I don't really know what REM's style is like. Thanks for the hint though, I'll correct it later.

And no, Caigan didn't contact me, but I contacted him over a month ago. He said he'd rather keep the artist base small, for whatever reason. Didn't get a chance to talk to him since, and I'm still kinda confused about the matter really...

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:53 pm

My dad is a HUGE Bob Dylan fan, but I never really got into him myself.

Does anyone notice that Millie's room is clean?

Return to “O&M Strips”