No Sweat Glands ~~~~~~ June 19th, 2006

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:07 pm

That was a nice and funny strip; however I don't know which one applies more to me right now: Tiredness or overheating... probably both.

Yeah, just FYI, I've lost sleep two nights in a row due to work, and I worked all day yesterday... So don't mind me if I use someone's tail as a pillow. *Zzzz*
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:13 pm

Awww poor Miles... :(

*offers his own tail*
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:24 pm

DCS must've visited the northeast...90 degrees and higher...98 yesterday...ohooooogh....*faint*
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 pm

I think they could use a bit of fun cooling off. Maybe they'll go to the beach again or somehting. It's rather cute to see them with their tounges out like that. It does make me feel bad for them, but it's still cute. A great strip. Nice coloring CC.
ImageImage

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:49 pm

hey, maybe this'll transfer into that fire hydrant story arc DCS was talking about doing. remember?
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:51 pm

Say... do dragons sweat? Do they pant? Or do they get hyperactive like cold-blooded reptiles?

Hyperactive dragons... :shock:

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:53 pm

I don't think dragons are coldblooded anyway. In fact they're quite the opposite, they produce more heat than any other species. I think they just don't overheat or something, must be some special biological trick. Otherwise they'd risk overheating themselves.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:03 pm

This could be a Kevin and Kell strip. I dunno, I think it's interesting to see this side of the Ozy and Millie universe but I'm going to have to take the stance against Tom Flapwell's. However, whatever DC chooses, that's okay, it's her comic.
It's something I'd only ever do rarely; to me, the humor of it comes from the fact that we're not usually reminded of the fact that the characters aren't human, so it's funny every once in a while to be reminded that, oh yeah, right...animals.

If I did it regularly the joke would wear thin.

Joe3210

Postby Joe3210 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:05 pm

This could be a Kevin and Kell strip. I dunno, I think it's interesting to see this side of the Ozy and Millie universe but I'm going to have to take the stance against Tom Flapwell's. However, whatever DC chooses, that's okay, it's her comic.
I thought D.C. Simpson was male?
I wonder if it'll finally get it's own forum too. I've always wanted a place online where I can talk about O&M.
Math is NEVER overrated. Math is the key to upholding the modern world.
It takes language to build a society, but math and science to build a world.
~Tum0spoo

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:09 pm

as did I once, and I was extremely confused when I read the thread where many of our members found the link to her LJ post where she came out as transgendered.

Besides, they're just DCS for short.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:11 pm

Officially it's still David Craig, but she prefers Dana Claire and I think we should respect that. :)

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:31 pm

This strip reminds me of this one.

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:43 pm

Today's Weather: 90 degrees and climbing! Slight chance of thunder troms to add to the muggyness. It's pant weather.
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:44 pm

You silly non-Houstonians don't know anything about hot days until you've been in 105 degree weather with humidity.

Well, it was cooler today, but that's just because it flooded.
Last edited by Arloest on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:46 pm

At the least, I'd like to be reminded that they're not just humans in fursuits, if you get what I mean. ;)
I think any sane person can tell that without having it confirmed. :roll:

Return to “O&M Strips”