Millie's getting of wisdom -9 June 2006

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:57 pm

CodeCat: I told you they'ed like it. ~_^
ImageImage

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:09 pm

Thanks everyone! :D

I did offer Caigan to help out, and I guess that's what triggered the news on the HouseRules home page:
Every once in a while, especially in weeks where there is only one artist with a strip, I will have a guest strip on one of the days.Yes, guest strip. This is for folks who want to help House Rules, but cannot (whether by choice or otherwise) be commited to a weekly or more strip basis.

Why not just add more mainstay artists? I'm trying to keep the mainstay artist base small. "Too many cooks spoil the broth", but there are a good number of the O&M community who are decent artists but don't have the time commitment.
So right now I don't really know what's going on. But I suppose I could always just colour them in and post them up here, right?

EDIT: Whoops, just noticed a little bit I forgot to colour. Fixed now!

CoreyFox

Postby CoreyFox » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:09 am

I like it, CodeCat.

The J.A.M.

Postby The J.A.M. » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:38 am

Great strip, and great coloring there!

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:05 am

heh, I was the one who gave you the idea CodeCat. but its nice coloring nonetheless. and you should do stuff for houserules.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:31 pm

It looks like Millie unbound her hair just for the sake of letting it, um, hang down. In the first two frames, it kind of evokes a "Dragonball" impression. (Hm, "Dragonball" in the world of O&M...)

As a flying fox, I must say that any drawing of a beloved character hanging upside down is all right in my book. Hear that, Rusty Droid?

gen200

Postby gen200 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:29 pm

YES, the Dragonball pointlessness (no offense toward devoted fans).

I luff the colored version, it's just so... luffy.

how DID she get up there?

my guess is couch pirates... and that's the state of my mentality. :shock:

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:56 am

It looks like Millie unbound her hair just for the sake of letting it, um, hang down. In the first two frames, it kind of evokes a "Dragonball" impression. (Hm, "Dragonball" in the world of O&M...)
Heheh, I was just about to say, Millie looks like she's gone Super Saiyan in the first two panels :D
There are some right tits on this world; sadly, the majority are not accompanied by left ones.
Success is nothing to do with hard work, it's all about luck. Just ask any failiure.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:23 am

In the first two frames, it kind of evokes a "Dragonball" impression.
Heheh, I was just about to say, Millie looks like she's gone Super Saiyan in the first two panels :D
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:52 pm

Millieball Z(en)!

Featuring Millie screaming for two episodes straight. No real reason. She just felt like it.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 pm

Millieball Z(en)!

Featuring Millie screaming for two episodes straight. No real reason. She just felt like it.
That actually make a somewhat good crossover...
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

charliebonce

Postby charliebonce » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 am

The Hanged ManSo, I'm new to reading Ozy and Millie online (i did read a few back at TESC, though! after Simpson left, there were NO good comics in the CPJ (i did a few good one-shots, but no good continuing strips)

I'm doing my first read through of all the comics...so sorry if this gets the posts in the forums all out of whack.

anyway, it seems to me that Millicent is enacting the Odinic "Hanged Man" which of course is a symbol of transformation or about sacrificing one's own self for enlightenment or change. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanged_Man

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:20 pm

Although "post necromancy" is usually frowned upon in other forums, I would like to encourage you to take a look at some of those older threads and reply to them if you feel compelled to add a fresh voice to an old idea, as long as that topic is still relevant now.

The only real exceptions to this are the extremely dated material found in Current Strips and House Rules, the birthday topics in Anything, obsolete topics in The Airport, and perhaps some of the current events listed in World Events. To revisit some related subject matter in these cases, I would recommend using a new or a more recent but related topic in the General Discussion or Anything areas, depending on their relevance to O&M. You can also create a new topic and include a link to the older one.

Return to “O&M Strips”