"Witchcraft!!" - 2003 Nov 12

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:14 pm

<a href='http://www.ozyandmillie.org/2003/om20031112.html' target='_blank'>"Witchcraft!!"</a><br><br>I presonally didn't see it as badmouthing Christians as much as just showing yet another example of how people can overreact to things that may or may not be wrong. I didn't really see Ruth as Christian as much as strongly traditional and fearful of change. It helps that the character is in the form of a squirrel since I've seen those little critters go really fast. It added to the humor that Ruth would be able to tar and feather a larger creature (Ozy) before he could do anything about it. I wonder how she was able to summon tar and feathers so quickly..<br><br>Anyway, I have to say that I also think David Simpson's choice of the name Ruth added to that Old Testament law-abiding character of the character, and that he did really well to portray religious extremism in an innocent yet surprising and altogether funny manner.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:24 pm

pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:13 am

Perhaps, there was a better one with the cheater though.
Burning Sheep Productions

Return to “O&M Strips”