Jan 28 2008: The Point

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

klimt

Postby klimt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:02 pm

and once again, the point is missed...by everyone.

she is NOT a victim, she stopped being a victim when she stopped acting like one...why on earth does she still expect to be treated like one? and why on earth would she want to be.

Rikirk

Postby Rikirk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 pm

This sorta reminds me of an experience I had with my 6th grade old hag of a teacher...

Oh yeah...she was a penguin too. God I hated that grade.
"Yes, yes I'll admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I've already figured out you're stupid." Dr. Rodney McKay Stargate: Atlantis

"Did you say mattress?,...I did ask you not to. Now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:26 pm

This sorta reminds me of an experience I had with my 6th grade old hag of a teacher...

Oh yeah...she was a penguin too. God I hated that grade.
A... penguin? Is this some figure of speech with which I am not familiar?
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Rikirk

Postby Rikirk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Penguin=Nun

Gotsta remember...I speak much American slang.
"Yes, yes I'll admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I've already figured out you're stupid." Dr. Rodney McKay Stargate: Atlantis

"Did you say mattress?,...I did ask you not to. Now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Really, Ms. Sorkowitz is the hero here, for sticking up to an angry lawer mom. What with Millie's usual happiness, ambition, and energy, she needs to be beaten down while she's still young, or she might grow up to be someone important who'll be able to follow her dreams.

Go Ms. Sorkowitz!

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Anyone else feel that Ms. Sorkowitz is being character assassinated in the name of really, really, really, really hammering a point home?

I quite like her as the long-suffering but infinitely patient teacher. Now she's a* mouthpiece character for "Life's not fair"

* +nother
Thither

Trexxen

Postby Trexxen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:55 pm

It seems Ozy, Millie, and Jeremy were the only ones present. We know that Ozy would tell the truth but from an outside perspective he would have a lot of reason to be biased. Millie is his friend and Jeremy doesn't get along with him.
...However good a point this is, you're forgetting one thing: Jeremy. If you were in his shoes, what would you do - say you got attacked by a girl half your size, or say you at least roughed her up a bit? Bullies tend to have a rather large ego about these kinds of things =P
~Trexxen

Rocketman

Postby Rocketman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Anyone else feel that Ms. Sorkowitz is being character assassinated in the name of really, really, really, really hammering a point home?

I quite like her as the long-suffering but infinitely patient teacher. Now she's a* mouthpiece character for "Life's not fair"

* +nother
I definitely agree with this guy.
...However good a point this is, you're forgetting one thing: Jeremy. If you were in his shoes, what would you do - say you got attacked by a girl half your size, or say you at least roughed her up a bit? Bullies tend to have a rather large ego about these kinds of things =P
Which one gets Millie in more trouble? :-P

And don't forget his third option - say he only taunted her verbally.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:31 pm

You can tell DCS hasn't been drawing enough IDT :roll:

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:45 pm

If that means what I think it means, Fritz, I agree. If this story continues much longer, I will hit something. Probably something that doesn't deserve to be hit.

DCS, would you mind if I fly over to your area and -- no, not hit you, but -- wipe that Io-sized chip off your shoulder?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Lets get a cage match started here.

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:20 pm

*sigh* This is spiralling down the "school sucks" path again, innit?

If there's going to be an unusual twist that makes this story go off in a different direction (and there had better be), it needs to happen very very soon.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:39 am

she is NOT a victim, she stopped being a victim when she stopped acting like one...why on earth does she still expect to be treated like one? and why on earth would she want to be.
The point is, that Jeremy is harassing the dynamic duo of Ozy and Millie, and he isn't going to stop as things are going now. They are a victim of his prolonged bullying, the only difference is that Jeremy is also a victim, but less so.

klimt

Postby klimt » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:09 am

The point is, that Jeremy is harassing the dynamic duo of Ozy and Millie, and he isn't going to stop as things are going now. They are a victim of his prolonged bullying, the only difference is that Jeremy is also a victim, but less so.
then...

ms. mudd should have been in there long before now...
or either ozy or millie should have stood up for themselves long before now.

to pretend that actions dont bring consequences, no matter the motivation is just as silly as not reprimanding someone for long term bullying and even more so than standing there and taking it.

Return to “O&M Strips”