Thursday, January 17 2008: Playground Oral History

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

caffeinefox

Postby caffeinefox » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:39 am

She did! she pwned him :grin:
out of order? Seems to be working fine xD

Trance

Postby Trance » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:46 am

So do you guys think this might diminish Jeremy's stature as a bullying figure? Stories that he got knocked a good one by a girl would certainly be damaging, but since Ozy is friends with Millie, do you think it might begin to intimidate Jeremy a little bit and turn him away from bullying Ozy?

Or to stretch it, does this signal the end of Jeremy as a recurring character in the strip?

CoreyFox

Postby CoreyFox » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 am

Or to stretch it, does this signal the end of Jeremy as a recurring character in the strip?
I hope so.

anthony

Postby anthony » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:50 am

Avery looks like a 1950's Greaser :shock:
Last edited by anthony on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

caffeinefox

Postby caffeinefox » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:50 am

Well Jeremy is more of a side character then a main character. But I doubt he will just disappear But how he reacts is yet to be seen. He can react is two ways, either giving Millie respect that she had the walnuts to stand up to him; or think of it as a challenge of his pride and want to get even in some way.. And that would be bad..
out of order? Seems to be working fine xD

Kazapsky

Postby Kazapsky » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:07 am

My money's on the second possibility. Contrary to the stereotype, bullies tend NOT to be wimps.

Trexxen

Postby Trexxen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:16 am

I dunno - the look on his face in the Tuesday comic didn't exactly look like he was hurt so much as shocked, and then in the last strip of the same comic...I think he may have a schoolboy crush on Millie.

...*imagines Jeremy fighting Ozy over her* Oy, this won't end well.
~Trexxen

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:50 am

That jacket is sweet

Tabris_The_17th

Postby Tabris_The_17th » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:35 am

...I think he may have a schoolboy crush on Millie.
*shudders* Oh gosh, I hope not.
www.aiacrowd.com- Now updating every Tuesday and Friday!
"Like a post modern Peanuts with cat eared girls...kinda"

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:36 am

If Jeremy has brains (and I really doubt he does) he might start targeting Ozy even more to get back at Millie. Now he knows Millie will fight back, but Ozy has never given him much trouble.

I dunno where this is going. I like it that way. Here's to surprises! :)

Rocketman

Postby Rocketman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:57 am

If Jeremy has brains (and I really doubt he does) he might start targeting Ozy even more to get back at Millie. Now he knows Millie will fight back, but Ozy has never given him much trouble.
I'm envisioning some kind of Ozy-as-Iron-Man thing happening and it is freaking awesome.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:06 am

I see two possibilities here:

1. The administration catches word of the rumor and gets Millie in even more trouble. Ultimately this leads them to be forced to admit to flagrant hypocrisy regarding the "can only punish offenses they can see" claim.

2. The rumors cause the other schoolkids to see Jeremy as less of a threat and start openly taunting him. If this were a kids' cartoon, this would lead to Jeremy being dethroned from his position of "king of the hill", but this is Ozy and Millie, and besides we've already established that Jeremy isn't in it for the intimidation factor, so I forsee a more cynical scenario: Jeremy, in an attempt to prove himself, goes on a rampage beating the snot out of every kid he can find. When thirty different kids all show up at the school nurse's office with assorted wounds, the administration realizes they can't just brush this one off. What they actually do as a result is anyone's guess, though (I have my guesses but I don't want to depress anyone too much without due cause).

Cosmic^Chicory

Postby Cosmic^Chicory » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:43 am

I dunno, I think Jeremy might just call Millie out to have a 'fair fight' - by which I mean, corners her in a hallway, beats her into the hospital, and succesfully claims 'self defence' because Millie is on record as hitting him first.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:30 am

Jeremy's face fell off!

Now I have an image of Jeremy's face on the floor trying to direct his blind body to pick it up and put it back on his head.

Kazapsky

Postby Kazapsky » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:05 pm

I dunno, I think Jeremy might just call Millie out to have a 'fair fight' - by which I mean, corners her in a hallway, beats her into the hospital, and succesfully claims 'self defence' because Millie is on record as hitting him first.
The sad part is, that's a plausible scenario not just fo the comic, but for real life.

Return to “O&M Strips”