Thursday September 20, 2007 Self-actualized

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.
Thursday September 20, 2007 Self-actualized

Postby VenM2 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:37 am

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/d/20070920.html

Bullies seem to always find a way to get there way. The 'ignore them' thing never worked for me either.

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:17 am

Uh oh...

You know, this is why I learned to kick them in the nads.
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:59 am

Ozy reminds me of a classmate I had in high school. Saying "sorry" for every little thing, even when the situation wouldn't normally require an apology.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:07 pm

Ozy reminds me of a classmate I had in high school. Saying "sorry" for every little thing, even when the situation wouldn't normally require an apology.
Canadian, eh?
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Chris

Postby Chris » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:19 pm

I got bullied once at elementary. In the end, I fought back. :|

The J.A.M.

Postby The J.A.M. » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:54 pm

I just hope SOMEONE catches this on tape.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:09 pm

I guess my schools didn't have any severe bullies. I got picked on and was too puny to dissuade them, but I didn't fear any bullies because they didn't cause much physical pain. They were just nuisances.

So I don't know how I would've dealt with someone like Jeremy. Maybe hare spray. (flap flap flap flap)
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Llewthepoet

Postby Llewthepoet » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Bullies can be quite a problem. I hope he escapes...

Uzi4U

Postby Uzi4U » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Uh oh...

You know, this is why I learned to kick them in the nads.
Nads are good...... kicking their knees out from the side works too.
Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.--- Thomas Jefferson

You see, when I saw "looks awesome", it's not a request.

Sage

Postby Sage » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:55 pm

I got verbally bullied.

That might be one reason I'm in this other school...

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Poor Jeremy though, if he's not taught that assault and battery are wrong at this age, as soon as he's not a kid anymore, he'll be in jail for 20 years or so.

I've always found it strange that the same people who find it cute when a kid or group of kids smashes another kids face in, are usually the same ones who are paranoid about every little other thing in the world.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

VolkswagenFox

Postby VolkswagenFox » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:09 pm

Bullying sucks. Luckily I haven't been bullied since Grade 4. Poor Ozy, I hope he can escape the beating.

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 pm

Bullies are, in my opinion, evil in its purest form. To quote Blanche DuBois from A Streetcar Named Desire, "Deliberate cruelty is unforgivable." And that's just what bullying is.

Thanks to my having Asperger's Syndrome, I suffered a lot of bullying when I was in school, with the worst of it during my middle school years. They didn't know about the condition, but my being different still showed, and it made me a target. I will never understand what motivates them to go out of their way just to hurt people. Sure, I know in my mind that they do it to show people that they can, but in my heart, it just doesn't make sense. It may explain it, but it doesn't justify it.
It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude. I found it in the glare of midafternoon, in the clangour of a metropolis...

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:03 pm

I've always found it strange that the same people who find it cute when a kid or group of kids smashes another kids face in, are usually the same ones who are paranoid about every little other thing in the world.
Does anybody find it cute? I thought that the worst adults simply didn't care enough to stop it.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Amber

Postby Amber » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:20 pm

I've been verbally bullied behind my back for about 2 years now. Luckily, now I have enough friends to ignore the rumors and freezing out of the populars. I also got teased in second grade. I burst out crying in the lunch line that time.

Bullies are terrible.

Return to “O&M Strips”