"Ages" comics side-by-side

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Foxchild
Re: "Ages" comics side-by-side

Postby Foxchild » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:47 pm

This forum hardly got him recognised in the first place. Ozy and Millie had been appearing for 5 or 6 years previously anyway and it was because it was popular already that a fan forum opened and managed to keep going.
Err... not true. At one point, even, DCS was an active forum participant, and encouraged an onslaught of new membership. Then he started the flaming, and incendiary posts, and I happened to be moderating at the time. We actually almost banned DCS there and then for creating a hostile environment, and for disrupting the easy-going attitude DC has always had.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Member #1243

Postby Member #1243 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:18 pm

that's what he was saying. he was saying that Define Cynical didn't make OM popular, OM made Define Cynical popular.
Animals are usually dumb and oblivious

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Ah, my mistake then ^^
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:11 pm

I don't think he was implying that the forum somehow made O&M more popular but the fans, including those on the forum, are what made it popular.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 pm

David ignoring the fans (and fan forum) that got him recognized in the first place. Then calling the only fansite that exist just for his works a "toxic" place made me loose respect for him.
This forum hardly got him recognised in the first place. Ozy and Millie had been appearing for 5 or 6 years previously anyway and it was because it was popular already that a fan forum opened and managed to keep going.
In that case we should be touted as amongst his most loyal fans, seeing as I don't know of any other "fan" sites that has people who were willing to admit they loved his work enough to create, join, and stay with a forum about it. Sure, if there are some other people out there that liked his stuff more then whatever, just that as far as I know "Define Cynical" are/were the ONLY fan-forum he has/had/lost.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm

There's a fan forum for I Drew This, and I believe it's still active even though that comic died years ago.

Bing [Bot]

Postby Bing [Bot] » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:36 pm

I started a RD fanforum a while ago actually, I just never told any of you guys because I knew you'd just troll it...

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:57 pm

The forum you're talking about just celebrated its 6th birthday, right?

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:26 pm

what
I'm not a spambot :S
BUTT DOGS

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 pm

4chan just turned 6 years old yesterday. That was the joke I was making. Hell of a stretch, I know...

Bing [Bot]

Postby Bing [Bot] » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:51 pm

4chan's only 6 years old? O_o I thought you were referring to DC, because its 6th anniversary is sometime around now

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 pm

DC and 4chan grew up together. Coincedence?
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:39 pm

DC turns 6 on Monday, true enough. I'd almost forgotten about that connection between 4chan and DC.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:25 pm

There's a fan forum for I Drew This, and I believe it's still active even though that comic died years ago.

That comic was updated so infrequently they probably don't realize its no longer active.

That forum was fun though. Its a rare place where you can be accused of being a right wing nutjob simply by not agreeing with every and anything liberals say. You don't even have to agree with conservatives, simply not being super liberal makes you a right wing nutjob.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Its a rare place where you can be accused of being a right wing nutjob simply by not agreeing with every and anything liberals say. You don't even have to agree with conservatives, simply not being super liberal makes you a right wing nutjob.
Unfortunately, from my experience, that isn't so rare :| especially living in the DC area. I've even been accused of (lets see how accurately I can remember the phrasing...) "close-minded religious bigot that should be institutionalized". When I responded "I think my boyfriend might take issue with that," she tilted her head and her eyes bugged ou, but no response. I at least was able to shut that person up for a bit.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”