The Complete Ozy & Millie

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
cougartiger
Re: The Complete Ozy & Millie

Postby cougartiger » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Meh. Whatever.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Got the hardcover of volume 1 today. Here's a few bad pics:

And no I wasn't looking for the DC strip, I just happened to open to that page. :dragon:

The book is of excellent quality for the most part, my copy has the page numbers partly cut off and the paper is a bit thinner than the paperback books. Overall, I like it.

BTW, there is nothing new here. These are exact reproductions of the previous books, right down to the covers which mark each section. There is a new intro by DCS but nothing interesting. This is for collectors and the die hard O&M fan.

Now, if DCS would put out a book of all the Sunday strips in color. Wishful thinking, I know.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:57 pm

The MAZZter reminds me of RKN.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 pm

The commentary appears to be missing.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:35 am

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the commentrary is gone. The intros from the Lulu books are gone as well. The newer material from the books is here though. This is really just the comics and nothing more. I imagine volume 2 will be the same except I guess DCS will have fixed the swapped pages in the wedding story. Bummer as I liked Locke showing up, starting a food fight, asking why he wasn't invited and then leaving. It made more sense, LOL.

Anyway, the hardcover is worth getting if you can afford it. It's nice to have them all in one place. Still, I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. Not just at the missing stuff but, I dunno. I guess it just all feels a bit lazy, like she just wanted to get it done and out. Much like the wedding story.
Now including artwork!

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Bummer as I liked Locke showing up, starting a food fight, asking why he wasn't invited and then leaving. It made more sense, LOL.

Wait, that changed?
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Bummer as I liked Locke showing up, starting a food fight, asking why he wasn't invited and then leaving. It made more sense, LOL.

Wait, that changed?
Yeah, DCS accidently swapped the pages when she was putting Never Grow Up together. It made it look like Locke started the food fight because he wasn't invited, LOL. Then it looks like he's leaving because he realizes he and Ms. Mudd aren't meant to be. Like I said, it really does makes a sort of bizzare O&M kind of sense.
Now including artwork!

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the commentrary is gone. The intros from the Lulu books are gone as well.
Well Dave is a Beatles fan. He's probably following their example of when they re-released Let It Be and cut out all the studio talk...

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Its pretty lame that he was too lazy to insert extras into the volumes. Since Rain Dog DCS pretty much ignores Ozy and Millie. He's a fan of Matt Groaning, he should have noticed that The Simpsons didn't stop getting attention because he started making Futurama.

Blizzard

Postby Blizzard » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Wait, that changed?
My volume 1 and 2 both arrived today. Lock still shows up, starts a food fight, asks why he wasn't invited and then leaves.

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 pm

That is awesome. Almost makes me wonder if it was intentional or not.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm

That is awesome. Almost makes me wonder if it was intentional or not.
My bet: it wasn't, DCS just didn't pay attention to it, didn't read all the way through in proofreading it before publication. almost bet he hasn't listened to what people have said about it, either.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 am

You remind me of everyone who can't seem to keep the second T in my name capitalized. And that group has too many people!!! :(

Also, that hardcover is nice. :)

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:32 pm

You remind me of everyone who can't seem to keep the second T in my name capitalized. And that group has too many people!!! :(
capitals are for suckers mazzter

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Does the ZZT stand for ZZ Top?

Mothers Against ZZ Top.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”