New Millie Pic

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
cougartiger
New Millie Pic

Postby cougartiger » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:00 am

From DCS's DA page:

I dunno. It's cute and all but I really don't like the new design. Alas, DCS seems hung up on it so it'll probably be what we will see in the new story.

Maybe I'll get used to it in time. Doubt it though.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:50 am

It's better than t he previous renditions I've seen of Millie in this style. Honestly, it's not as adventurous, tomboyish and energetic enough looking to feel like Millie at her finest.

Instead of "I'm rambunctious! it feels more like "I'm a girl and rambunctious!" adding that additional label..

Without question, though, the tails are better.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:04 am

The Tail's okay but i still prefer the established 2006-2008 art style of Ozy and Millie.

I still don't get why DCS switched from traditional to digitial, I still prefer DCS when he still draws with old fashioned pen and paper..

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:28 pm

The Tail's okay but i still prefer the established 2006-2008 art style of Ozy and Millie.

I still don't get why DCS switched from traditional to digitial, I still prefer DCS when he still draws with old fashioned pen and paper..
He's colored digitally for quite some time. But then, he also stopped with the Sunday style strips for a great length of time.

I've always preferred non-digital coloring. My icon, for example.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:29 pm

He's colored digitally for quite some time. But then, he also stopped with the Sunday style strips for a great length of time.

I've always preferred non-digital coloring. My icon, for example.
DCS just colours O&M via photoshop back then just to add some "life" to her comic. But the drawing is still on old fashioned paper.

Now, DCS draws O&M digitally all together from line art to colouring and it sucks...DCS' lines got even more crude when she switched to drawing digitally compared to his smooth traditional method.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:06 am

Mostly to break up the stream of people with fox avatars, I'd like to say that I remain ambivalent about the new style.

I don't know. Maybe if we could see what Millie was painting.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:52 am

The comic is done. Anything we get isn't going to be much. Why introduce a new style when the old one works fine?

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:21 am

why not? You can't live in the past and demand an artist always draws the way they used to, if you want to see DCS's old style, there's plenty of that available to you. If DCS is going to practice her new style of art, it makes perfect sense for her to practice it on her already established characters.

Like you said, the comic is done so why bother not growing as an artist?
Last edited by sad jazz cantaloupe on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

klimt

Postby klimt » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:21 am

muzzle just throws it out completely.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 am

muzzle just throws it out completely.
It needs to be a bit longer I think. Then again, what do I know? My attempts to draw O&M without reference usually results in them having banana noses.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:36 am

Mostly to break up the stream of people with fox avatars, I'd like to say that I remain ambivalent about the new style.
This. And I thought the fox avatar thing was cool, actually.
I don't know. Maybe if we could see what Millie was painting.
Probably Ozy. Or Lewellyn if he fell asleep on the floor like he does.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 am

It's better than t he previous renditions I've seen of Millie in this style. Honestly, it's not as adventurous, tomboyish and energetic enough looking to feel like Millie at her finest.

Instead of "I'm rambunctious! it feels more like "I'm a girl and rambunctious!" adding that additional label..
I agree, I really don't like the skort (assuming its not a skirt) look at all. She seems less Millie-like... I think the angle could use some work, I rather like the style, but her legs seem too short (and yes I'm taking angle into account) and I almost think that a slightly upturned muzzle with her canines showing would make it seem more sassy. Not being an artist I can't really speak for which is better digital, or drawing by hand, but now theres no more of those bold lines and more of those RDish splotches of colors with artificial sketchiness. Its just too graphic art like. However, he could be practicing for that.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:26 am

Heh, if there's one sure way to upset fans it's to change the accepted clothing of your comic characters.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:57 am

that's why I choose inanimate objects as characters, because they don't WEAR clothes. Therefore, any drawing of them wearing clothes is "funny" and therefore is greeted with positive reception. therefore.

Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:42 am

I agree, I really don't like the skort (assuming its not a skirt) look at all. She seems less Millie-like... I think the angle could use some work, I rather like the style, but her legs seem too short (and yes I'm taking angle into account) and I almost think that a slightly upturned muzzle with her canines showing would make it seem more sassy. Not being an artist I can't really speak for which is better digital, or drawing by hand, but now theres no more of those bold lines and more of those RDish splotches of colors with artificial sketchiness. Its just too graphic art like. However, he could be practicing for that.
Don't forget millie's hair in this new drawing. Her hair looks alot like it's from the 60's..

Return to “Ozy and Millie”