Raine preview

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Awesome DCS! But i don't like the fact that everything is blue.
Blue is my favorite color, but...I like to combine it with warmer colors; I find that blue becomes a very warm and inviting color when combined with, say, a sunlight yellow...and it'd be nice to see warm blues in here.

This is clearly an intro-to-the-character strip, and I have no idea, currently, if the point will be humor or musing, really, so it's hard to judge. I'm going into this with an open mind; I've rather enjoyed O&M and IDT, so I'm inclined to think I'll like this...but...well...we'll see, won't we?

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:14 am

Well, it's clearly not the same mood as O&M, but it does promise to be cute and interesting. I don't mind the blueness, any more than I mind the brownness of "Lackadaisy Cats." It gives character.
That's why I said it lacked color not it didn't have it.
Such is the ambiguity of "lack." Often it's said with the implication of complete lack.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:55 am

Look what I found

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 am

And Look what i found Image :

Ozyfox

Re: Raine preview

Postby Ozyfox » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Here you go, you nitpickers, you seekers of reasons to dislike me. I love you anyway, so this is for you. :)
I still like you, and have ever liked O&M.

I think the new Story will be great.

Dada

Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:50 am

Wow... very nice first entry. Clearly, "Raine Dog" isn't a "Strip" in the traditional sense, but rather a graphic novel format and I'm excited to watch this unfold.

I really like the artistic choices regarding color and layout. This is going to be a unique journey, to be sure.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:02 am

Look what I found

Actually I found out that actually questioning everything doesn’t actually get you closer to understanding. It actually disillusions you from that very object that you’re are questioning. In other words, you don’t enjoy it. For instance I started questioning why I liked swimming. I came to the conclusion that I was just floating in a pool of water that isn’t going any where. Now I don’t like swimming anymore. Even one time I started questioning why I breathe. I eventually started feeling that I grown bored and tiresome of breathing. So if I were Raine Dog I wouldn’t exactly question everything.

No offence DC Simpson.

Trance

Postby Trance » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 am

Actually I found out that actually questioning everything doesn’t actually get you closer to understanding. It actually disillusions you from that very object that you’re are questioning. In other words, you don’t enjoy it. For instance I started questioning why I liked swimming. I came to the conclusion that I was just floating in a pool of water that isn’t going any where. Now I don’t like swimming anymore. Even one time I started questioning why I breathe. I eventually started feeling that I grown bored and tiresome of breathing. So if I were Raine Dog I wouldn’t exactly question everything.

No offence DC Simpson.
Pedantism isn't funny. Obviously "Question everything" means "Question everything that bears questioning".

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:02 am

No offence DC Simpson.
Pedantism isn't funny.
It is if you take it to an extreme like me questioning everything that I enjoy in order to understand why I do.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:10 am

Actually I found out that actually questioning everything doesn’t actually get you closer to understanding. It actually disillusions you from that very object that you’re are questioning.
It might disillusion you...
In other words, you don’t enjoy it. For instance I started questioning why I liked swimming. I came to the conclusion that I was just floating in a pool of water that isn’t going any where. Now I don’t like swimming anymore.
See, I'm quite satisfied with the idea of "I don't know,"...or better, "I don't know yet."

I have no idea why Howie gives me such comfort, but he has since I was a small child.
Does it matter to my why? Not really; maybe if I were a psychologist, I'd investigate further, but I'm comfortable at this point knowing what the results are. NOT knowing doesn't negate those results.

So if you talked yourself out of enjoying swimming by examining it too closely...sounds more to me like you're not satisfied with the source of an emotion being, "I d'know..."
I might want to know eventually, but it's hardly pressing.

Now, if this were more of a science question--physics or chemistry, maybe--I'd be rather less satisfied with a non-answer.
Even one time I started questioning why I breathe.
"Because I need oxygen to live."

Simple. :-P
I eventually started feeling that I grown bored and tiresome of breathing.
"Tiresome" sounds accurate indeed. :-P
So if I were Raine Dog I wouldn’t exactly question everything.
Well...I would, at least in terms of scientific inquiry, the quest for empirical origins in all things.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:17 am

Even one time I started questioning why I breathe.
"Because I need oxygen to live."

Simple. :-P
I'm not stupid people! I knew that was the scientific and naive answer to why but not the answer to the philisophical why? You have to give me some credit here. I started thinking like this when I was in Pre School.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:21 am

There is no philosophical reason we breathe. We just do, as all organisms do, if not in their own ways.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:23 am

You all would never understand me. Thinking back I think that this was indeed a time where I thought that life itself was a substance that takes a lot of work to sustain but yet it could be easily discarded. Keep in mind I was about 6 when I was thinking this.

I have stated my opinion and sticking with it. If you don't agree well, don't critisize me for being me. You have to be a little more opened minded to other peoples opinions.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:53 am

criticize

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 am

I mean, all young people have that phase where they think up dumb pseudo-philosophical pseudo-intellectual ideas. I tend to ignore and deny the fact that I've had extremely stupid thoughts like "LOL BUT WHAT IF TOM SEES YELLOW WHEN I SEE PURPLE?", because eventually you mature and realize it's just pointless (not to mention dumb) to care about things like "why do we do anything"
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”