Raine Dog site is up

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.
Raine Dog site is up

Postby The MAZZTer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Anyone else notice?

http://www.rainedog.com/

Looks like he's fiddling with it. There was no date or keenspot box this morning. Page was missing the title too.

(Psst, DCS, some suggestions if you're reading this: 1) specify a font face for the page, Times New Roman is looking pretty ugly from here, not to mention any browser can pick their own default and 2) use 32-bit PNG for the logo to avoid jaggies. It needs a webpage hack to work in IE6 unfortunately but everyone else supports it natively. [Edit: Or you can just update the gif with the correct color while I'm typing, that works too >_>])

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm going to start reading it right now... (two seconds later) Hmm. looks good but lacks in dialouge.

Fritz

Re: Raine Dog site is up

Postby Fritz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:42 pm

(Psst, DCS, some suggestions if you're reading this: 1) specify a font face for the page, Times New Roman is looking pretty ugly from here, not to mention any browser can pick their own default and 2) use 32-bit PNG for the logo to avoid jaggies. It needs a webpage hack to work in IE6 unfortunately but everyone else supports it natively. [Edit: Or you can just update the gif with the correct color while I'm typing, that works too >_>])
shut up

Baconsticks

Re: Raine Dog site is up

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 am

shut up
I agree. Who uses IE6?

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 am

Something like 20% of all web users, or some such (Edit: yeah). Saw some statistics recently. Some people just can't upgrade, either because they're still running Windows 2000 or because IE7 breaks a precious corporate intranet site or something.

Also DCS stuck a 32-bit PNG on the site (the donation image) so I'm puzzled why he's also using GIFs.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:14 am

Firefox ftw. Image
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:17 am

Some people just can't upgrade, either because they're still running Windows 2000 or because IE7 breaks a precious corporate intranet site or something.
Some people are idiots.

I'm sure you agree with me on this.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:46 am

Also DCS stuck a 32-bit PNG on the site (the donation image) so I'm puzzled why he's also using GIFs.
Some people are idiots.

http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 am

Isn't it beautiful, seeing firefox flourish like that while IE dies from starvation in a gutter?
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

The MAZZTer

Postby The MAZZTer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:53 am

Some people are idiots.

That's not quite the point I was trying to make. :|

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:51 am

Isn't it beautiful, seeing firefox flourish like that while IE dies from starvation in a gutter?
I'd hardly say 45% market share could be considered "dying from starvation." Although Firefox looks like it's going to beat IE very soon.

Safari, meanwhile, appears to be not doing very well, even considering Apple's small market share to begin with (17% by even the most optimistic estimates). So also take into account that a lot of those Firefox stats are from Mac owners.

EDIT: "Working mah tail off." Cripes. Dana really is turning into Everybody On The Internet.

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:37 am

At the time I was sick, and had taken more cold medicine than the bottle recommended. If you're hard up for ideas, maybe you should try it. Because the story's stayed with me ever since.
DCS condones drug use!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm

I see "Fx" and "Moz." Mozilla owns Firefox. I wasn't aware that it offered any other browser.

EDIT: DCS wrote "semiautobiographical." That's nine syllables with no space or hyphen. And all five main English vowels.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:22 pm

I see "Fx" and "Moz." Mozilla owns Firefox. I wasn't aware that it offered any other browser.
The Mozilla browser preceded Firefox, though I don't know whether it's still actively maintained or not.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:21 pm

they canceled mozilla as a suite, with firefox being just the browser standalone (and thunderbird the standalone e-mail, and so on), and then they started a new thing called "seamonkey" which is the continuation of the mozilla suite.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”