The Wedding Or How O&M Crashed And Burned

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:01 pm

Ozy and Millie has always been choppy and jumpy around to some degree. Its just more noticeable now because there's so much time between installments. It's all like this:

Isolde shows up to do a documentary on Ozy -> Ozy talking to Llew about it -> Isolde filming Ozy on the way to school -> Isolde filming Ozy in a dress (hilarity.)

Wedding proposal -> Day off -> Day off -> Day off -> Dress fitting WTFROFLCOPTOR?!
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Penis = Not She
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:31 pm

If DCS wants to be known as a female, who are we to judge? Also, according to Wikipedia, DCS has had her name legally changed from David Craig to Dana Claire.

Point well taken Bocaj Claw. Exactly why I said DCS should've just put the strip on hiatus untill she was done.

It just seems that DCS is skipping around trying to get the story done as quickly as possible. It may actually read worse when we see it all at once in the final book. Or it could read better. Who knows?

There's really nothing to do but see how it plays out. Maybe DCS has a surprise or two up her sleeve. Doubt it but I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:18 pm

who are we to judge?
It is human nature to judge others.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Further proof is had by the equally bland presentation of this story by DCS. There is no excitement, it all just lies there.
This was buried in your post among such exclamations as Llewellyn getting older slower than Ms. Mudd - which misses the point of a comic strip - and Ms. Mudd merely settling for Llewellyn rather than Locke - which somehow makes you more an authority of a pair of fictional characters than their actual creator.

But that quote is the best part of your post because it's true for reasons other people as well as yourself have already explained.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 am

To be honest, I don't read for the character development or storyline. I read for the evil Jesus faces.
I would have gone back and found all of them for my counter, but I don't really care anymore
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 am

The death of an ambition is always sad to behold.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:46 am

It really is turning out to be an awful, awful, painful ending. Not for the plot, not for the jokes but for the updating. It's so unhurried, unstructured and, you know what, downright uninteresting because of it. Three days between comics would give a bit of pace to it. Right now, it's one of the most stationary narratives I've ever come across, and when you're trying to cap off ten years of work, you want it hurtling with the readers on the edge of their seats, eager for the next update but, here's the thing, knowing when and where to expect it. Because that's where anticipation comes from.

For someone who used to be able to manage daily updates, this is plain shoddy.
THIS. THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:53 am

What, you'd all rather DCS just put up a big 'THE END' one day, and leave it at that?

At least this way there's some resolution of various tropes; it's either that, pages of 'UNCARE', or the current stuff.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:03 am

This was buried in your post among such exclamations as Llewellyn getting older slower than Ms. Mudd - which misses the point of a comic strip - and Ms. Mudd merely settling for Llewellyn rather than Locke - which somehow makes you more an authority of a pair of fictional characters than their actual creator.
Further proof is had by the equally bland presentation of this story by DCS. There is no excitement, it all just lies there.
I do NOT consider myself an authority on the characters. I just pointed out some observations that DCS is not considering.

Just because the characters are "stuck in time" and will not age is irrevelant. Locke was shown to now be Millie's age, so why not cover it from the other angle? Lew WILL outlive Ms. Mudd by hundreds if not thousands of years. It's something they should talk about.

As for her settling for Lew, Locke's picture is all over her house and she clearly still has deep feelings for him. If Locke were to show up as an adult, she would be unlikely to turn down a second chance to be with him. By her own admission, she had been much too busy to date much for years and since then Lew is the only suitor she's had.

Again, JUST obervations nothing more. I did write my own ending to O&M as a lengthy poem which I sent to DCS and she wrote back that she, "Absolutely loved it!" and asked if she could share it with readers. My poem is online but I feel it is up to DCS to point people toward it. Besides, DCS liked it and that's more than good enough for me!

Finally, while I believe my poem is perhaps a better ending, I do NOT think it makes me an authority on the characters. But, after 10 years I know them pretty well and my poem just reflects that knowledge.

In the future please do make such judgments about me.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:05 am

lol

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:12 am

TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:23 am

Rabid_Fox hit it right on the head, and stated it plain and simple.
TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR TL;DR
also, this. I lol'd.

to put it plain and simple, for the first post:

tl;dr, please don't be so ardent in pointing out "flaws" (and I use the term lightly) in decisions made by the author of a comic as far as how to end it. It's his comic, it's his choice, etc. etc.

god, I pretty much tl;dr'd my main point. ugh.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Chris

Re: The Wedding Or How O&M Crashed And Burned

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:03 am

TL;DR

A few months ago, I commissioned DCS to draw a wedding portrait of Ms. Mudd and Capt. Locke. It is beautiful and they really look perfect together.

If anyone is interested in seeing this, let me know and I'll see if I can post it online.
i'm interested in seing that :shock:

Return to “Ozy and Millie”