Ozy & Millie Role-playing.

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
MillieMudd

Postby MillieMudd » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:26 pm

You know those boards where one person types in part of a story and another person types in another part. I think the Define Cynical board should have one of those.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:27 pm

I believe I saw a few attempts at that, and they have not gotten vary far. In fact, MillieMudd, I believe <i>you</i> started one of them yourself. Of course, neither those nor what it sounds like you are proposing is roleplaying but rather a multi-author fan fiction. Somehow, I do not find your current proposal very appealing since it is easy for one person to get the facts wrong and royally disrupt the effort.<br><br>If there was ever a genuine effort at roleplaying something in the O&M universe, I would think that people here would have to make up their own characters, like as-yet unknown classmates of the main characters, friends of their parents, or some unknown people from their past, or just some random person that stumbled in.<br><br>Since this may be a matter of forum policy, I am moving this to "Site Stuff" for further review. Okay, people, share your thoughts!

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:35 pm

it really depends upon how seriously the RP is... personally, I know i'd approach it in the same way the thingy thread is. Not the random chaos, but rahter the *action* rather than a huge paragraph explaining it to great detail. Normally, people don't pay THAT close attention to how the cloth of their shirt rubs against their cape, or something. i have seen an entire paragraph dedicated to that before when an anime fan tried to get me to sign up for an anime rp forum.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:37 pm

I am tempted to start another topic about that somewhere.. RP writing styles.<br><br>EDIT: Meh.. this is as good a place as any. I think the ideal space is somewhere in between. Saying something like "I jab you in the eye with a pointy stick" just doesn't seem like good enough writing to me, and typing out some long-winded novel to cover, say, "<a href='http://definecynical.mancubus.net/forum ... st&p=24149' target='_blank'>two punches and a kick</a>" (thanks, BSP) doesn't cut it either. The latter might be where the anime RP comes from..
Last edited by Tavis on Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:06 pm

If ever done, i think Tavis' idea of using friends from class or of the adults is the best way since at least two characters are going through a transition in the real comic now, we don't want to mess up their characters and traits.<br>I've never written role playing, i'm not sure if i'd join in.

erikbarrett

Postby erikbarrett » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:16 pm

I like role playing but don't currently have the time to do so. Sorry.
Still mostly here.

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:35 am

Personally, I only do roleplays concerning comic strips in the sanctity of my mind. <br><br>I'm good for a DnD style RP though. Maybe something similar to the superpowers thread. Because that's really what I saw coming, instead of a tournament. (guess my vision isn't that clear. That reminds me, I must clean my glasses. Not saying the tournament was not fun or anything, but the thingy is more... suited, I feel, to be a tournament grounds.)<br><br>just my 1/4 cents.
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Return to “Ozy and Millie”