Have Millie ADHD?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.
Have Millie ADHD?

Postby CptRaccoon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 am

I think it is a very good question but it won't be very well to answer this question.

I think it because millie have al Symptoms of ADHD.
And I have ADHD by my Self.
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.
Wich want to be an american guy.
Pleas, Pleas, Pleas forgive me.

I want to know what u think about my comic i drawing in the past?
I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!
http://cptraccoon.cp.funpic.de/Shit%20H ... 00001.html
And please give me a feedback!

I love millie she is the sweetest girl of the world

Neil Armstrang said when he landed on the moon:
"that's one more slice of Lasagna"

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:06 am

I'd say there's at least a 90% chance that a given psychiatrist would diagnose Millie with ADHD (certainly not just ADD). She expresses the symptoms more than some people I've known with that diagnosis. But I trust her mother to decline Ritalin for her.

Other characters may or may not have some mental disorder in their shrinks' eyes. I could see Jeremy with narcissistic personality disorder, Felicia with histrionic personality disorder, and Llewellyn with... oh, who knows.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:16 am

Eh, all 'personality disorder' means is that you're different from what TV says you should be.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:32 am

According to the Abnormal Psychology course I took, any mental disorder is recognized in the DSM-IV as impairing one's ability to function in society. Personality disorders are no exception. Don't trivialize the suffering they can cause.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:37 am

According to the Abnormal Psychology course I took, any mental disorder is recognized in the DSM-IV as impairing one's ability to function in society. Personality disorders are no exception. Don't trivialize the suffering they can cause.
I knew it. All of us are retards.

Alestance

Postby Alestance » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:25 am

I'd be lying if I said you were wrong. :-P

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 am

Eh, "that person acts different than I do so they must be abnormal" trivializes *actual* personality disorder far more than I ever could. :millie:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

CptRaccoon
Location:I want to be in North America, but I'm in the stupid Germany. But Danmark is also nice.

Postby CptRaccoon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:25 am

Eh, "that person acts different than I do so they must be abnormal" trivializes *actual* personality disorder far more than I ever could. :millie:
What want u say me with that?
U know I can't understnad everythng in english.
can u writhe it in a other version please?
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

I've got draw 5 strips and 3 are alredy online and I want to say it was writing in the puparty phase who you like to have a girl, wich started last year and end this year in the week I got my E-Guitar (funy?). I say that bevause I won't that u think I'm an psycho or something. It is full of fellings I have at this time!

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:28 pm

He's saying that we shouldn't apply the "disorder" label too much, because then it loses its meaning.

CptRaccoon

Postby CptRaccoon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 pm

He's saying that we shouldn't apply the "disorder" label too much, because then it loses its meaning.
What?
Forgive me my ERRORS.
I'm a german dork.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:58 pm

You know how, when you use a word all the time, it stops meaning much?

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:39 pm

Pain in the ass syndrome, more like.
Thither

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 pm

CptRaccoon reminds me of millie!
oh look a cookie o: !

*runs*

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Here's a direct translation of what Mista B said, using Babelfish:
" dass die Personentaten, die also sie unterschiedlich sind als ich tun, müssen abnormal" sein; trivializes *tatsächlich* Persönlichkeitsstörung weit mehr, als ich überhaupt könnte.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:21 pm

What B is basically saying is: "Mein Hovercraft ist voller Eel! Mein Hut, der hat drei Ecken. Drei Ecken hat mein Hut. And hätte er nicht drei Ecken, so wär's auch nicht mein Hut."
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”