Ozy vs. Millie

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
osprey

Postby osprey » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:33 am

I think this is getting a bit off topic.
Welcome to DC. :)
Well thanks all-knowing packet of fruit gushers
You are most welcome.
It's an explosion of knowledge (and flavor)!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

TrueWolves

Postby TrueWolves » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:22 am

Imposable, the two can never be together!

In a last ditch attempt to hold on to the topic. Can any one find the exact point where Ozy was less of a main character then Mille? Some where in 2000 I think... really early in the comic as far as how long it has been around
One most read all sides to a story before one can even slightly guess the true way of things, there is at least 2 sides to everything, and everything. Even if it goes against what you think, chances are it means that much more for you to understand it

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:43 pm

I'm not sure the exact date of the change over, but the reason I started reading the strip was because the two characters complimented each other so well. Ozy seemed to be an almost socially inept individual, who's only friend is the slightly bizzare and eccentric Millie. Both kids are bullied, and despite being totally different to one another, they remain closer friends than the cliques of bullies and trendies.

Or something.

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:29 pm

slightly bizarre?

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:07 pm

I probably can't answer this question fairly due to my nearly blinding bias towards Ozy over Millie.
Same here. :P
Here too.
Four pages later, this applies to me as well.

Quantheory

Postby Quantheory » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:15 pm

I think Ozy is probably "followed" more often than Millie. I remember seeing a lot fewer strips with just Millie than just Ozy. However, Millie drives a lot more of the action.

To be honest, I think it's about both equally, insofar as they are together, and when it focuses more on one or the other, I think it's with a focus on a particular situation that one of them is more likely to be in, more than the character. There are some exceptions, but I don't see either as being substantially more central.
With a flourish

TrueWolves

Postby TrueWolves » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 am

I'm not sure the exact date of the change over, but the reason I started reading the strip was because the two characters complimented each other so well. Ozy seemed to be an almost socially inept individual, who's only friend is the slightly bizzare and eccentric Millie. Both kids are bullied, and despite being totally different to one another, they remain closer friends than the cliques of bullies and trendies.

Or something.
I would have to say I agree with that quite a bit. ^.^ nice
One most read all sides to a story before one can even slightly guess the true way of things, there is at least 2 sides to everything, and everything. Even if it goes against what you think, chances are it means that much more for you to understand it

put-down-the-camera

Postby put-down-the-camera » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 am

hey! first post in about a freakin month.

but ANYways, I would have to say Millie is slightly more of a main character than Ozy. This has nothing to do with bias because I think Ozy is insanely cooler than Millie. BUT, my arguement is that Millie is more the one that has situations/ideas/theories/problems that keep a the comic moving. Ozy is the one who is by her side, offering intellectual or philosophical commentary. (If this has been said before, I apologize. I'm a bit behind on posts. :? )
Some Men Just Want To Watch The World BURN

I'm that random guy that randomly posts for no reason. I'm that guy whose existence on this board is absolutely unnecessary and completely ignored.

yay!

Return to “Ozy and Millie”