The tarts

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:17 am

Darn, did I pick the wrong time to be introduced to O&M. I first heard of it just 3 months ago, and didn't actually start reading it until at least a month later...oh well, I do have to agree that it's probably best to stop before it goes stale.
My top O&M strips:

1. April 1, 2001 (the reverse-personality April Fool's Day strip)
2. Avery, Tim and the basketball strip (don't know strip date offhand)
You mean this one?
Yup, that's the one ^^

Svix

Postby Svix » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:02 pm

:sad: It'll seem very strange not having this to read each day. Ah well, as long as he pulls of a spectacular ending!
after the daily strips are done, what will happen to this forum?
This was one of the first things I thought. I guess the old hands and people who actually know each other will stick around, but the community is bound to drift apart somewhat.

Blizzard

Postby Blizzard » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:33 pm

I'm really going to miss this strip. I love this strip, I really do. It's hands-down my favorite webcomic. I did notice recently that the general greatness of the comics has been declining a bit, and I guess D.C. saw it too, and decided to end it while it's still got that charm. I have all of the books, and I plan on getting that final collection as well when it's out. I always had this strip to look forward to when I came home from school every day, and I must admit my school's a lot like Ozy and Millie's school, which just made the strip even better. My friend and I pretty much have the same relationship that Ozy and Millie do, so she would often joke about that too. I loved how much this strip related to life, I loved the philosophy, the meanings behind it, and all that. Even the conflicting of ideas, with animal characters (commonly childish, with the exception of furry media) and such mature ideas in the comic seems to just blend together perfectly. It's simply an amazing comic, one I'm certainly going to miss when it ends.

dfeuer

My favorite strip...

Postby dfeuer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:48 pm

*sniff*. I too am sad to see it go, and a little surprised. I also can understand, though. It is true that the stories aren't quite as fresh as they were, though DCS's artistic skills have improved tremendously. I agree that there's been too much focus on Millie, and to some extent Ozy (who's gotten less interesting over the years), and I'd rather see more Avery, Timulty, Llewellyn, and Ms. Mudd than more Felicia. Well, I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, and while I'm not convinced it can't move forward in new directions, I also look forward to whatever DCS may come up with next. Perhaps Raine Dog?

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Bil Holbrook mentioned earlier today that he liked the "Goth Felicia" arc...

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:38 am

It occurs to me now that I might not find out when DCS revisits the O&M characters. I don't read the "bluerain" LJ, and I read "I Read This" only sporadically. I'm not going to return to ozyandmillie.org (or .net) every month hoping for an update.
Bil Holbrook mentioned earlier today that he liked the "Goth Felicia" arc...
Well, one of Bill's great "Safe Havens" characters has goth elements....
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:43 am

Well, chances are that someone will post the new strip here in the forums, so you can always check here every once in a while. I'm certainly not going anywhere.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:48 am

When it ends, can we rename the forum Steve?

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:58 am

:D
OTH movie reference yes?
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:26 pm

:D
OTH movie reference yes?
Steve's a good name.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Also, this quote amused me:
I don't think comic strips, or creative projects in general, ought to continue long after the creator has mentally moved on, and it's always tragic when they do ("Peanuts," "The Simpsons"). I always said I'd know when it was time for me to move on. I'm afraid that time is fast approaching.
It amused me because I realised that for me and WFTT, that happened just after strip number five :wag:

Æron

Postby Æron » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:26 am

It occurs to me now that I might not find out when DCS revisits the O&M characters. I don't read the "bluerain" LJ, and I read "I Read This" only sporadically. I'm not going to return to ozyandmillie.org (or .net) every month hoping for an update.
You should use the RSS feeds.

Sage

Postby Sage » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:07 pm

I'll miss you Ozy and Millie.

Hope this final year is a great one. (Hey, this year I graduate too... what a coincidence)

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I'll miss you Ozy and Millie.

Hope this final year is a great one. (Hey, this year I graduate too... what a coincidence)
Hmmm...I should declare this year graduate year. Technically I'm not really graduated yet since finals begin this week....Wednesday to be exact. Still I don't see my bombing ever one of my finals and ending up with a failing grade. Boy that would suck.
Nathan

teozo

Postby teozo » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Everything has an end even things that we adore whitch is wery sad, but we find comfort and closure when we think of the good memories of it.
Who thinks war is good is against me.
Who likes war is hateing me.

http://www.prato.linux.it/~lmasetti/ant ... hp?lang=en
Anti-war songs website.

http://www.croatianhistory.net/
About my Homeland. Read it.

http://www.paulhone.com/
Force H - good music

Return to “Ozy and Millie”