Ozy and Millie Collection

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Dhokarena56
Ozy and Millie Collection

Postby Dhokarena56 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:02 pm

Well, you can copy-and-paste the archives into Word. What I've really wanted to do for years is to patiently copy and paste and put into a binder, until I have the whole collection.
Anthrope! Me paideusete Homeron moi?

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:51 pm

I believe the archives are still on the net somewhere. I can't say for sure though...
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Jelly

Postby Jelly » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:54 pm

Kinda like this?

klimt

Re: Ozy and Millie Collection

Postby klimt » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:51 am

Well, you can copy-and-paste the archives into Word. What I've really wanted to do for years is to patiently copy and paste and put into a binder, until I have the whole collection.
why when they are already available in convenient book form?

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:59 am

You don't need to do that! You can simply buy the books!
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Jelly

Postby Jelly » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:01 am

Also if you didn't know from the three links that are the same there's this one too. :-P

Softpaw

Re: Ozy and Millie Collection

Postby Softpaw » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 am

I made one of those during a week of snow days back in 2003, stopped updating it a few months later when my printer ran out of black ink.

Having gone to the trouble of doing this, I'd recommend you just buy the books. It'd be far easier, fit on a shelf better, and unless you happen to already have a commercial-grade laser printer with a brand new toner cartridge, it'd probably be cheaper.

Over the course of making mine, I bought a heavy-duty three-hole punch, a 4" 3-ring binder, a ream of paper (and I still ran out), and two new black inkjet cartridges (not counting #3 I had to buy later). And including the time it took to download and sort the strips themselves, I spent over 100 hours on it. This was four years ago, when there were only 6 years of material in the archives.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:37 am

My income from the strip is pretty meager, and I did put a lot of work into compiling the strips into books (and providing extra art and annotated commentary). Plus, in the books, the strips are reproduced at a much clearer resolution than you would get printing them from the website. I strongly encourage you to just buy them.

KJ Fellie

Ozy and Millie totally rocks...

Postby KJ Fellie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:14 pm

My income from the strip is pretty meager, and I did put a lot of work into compiling the strips into books (and providing extra art and annotated commentary). Plus, in the books, the strips are reproduced at a much clearer resolution than you would get printing them from the website. I strongly encourage you to just buy them.
Probably cheaper, too. Paper and ink are expensive to buy, even if you get them at warehouse prices. You'd save yourself time, money, and effort buy just buying the books.

Also, you're supporting D. C. Simpson, the creative genius that brought the miracle of Ozy and Millie into the world.
(I know that authors love to hear this stuff. It's fun to say, too.)

This comes from the spotted fox who's content to have the entire series stored electronically, just so I can reread it at my leisure. (I've done that a few times. It's better than waiting a few minutes for each page to load on my really slow internet connection.)
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:53 am

It's true, the ink needed to produce them all would be ridiculous. Probably go through at least 2 or 3 cartriges which average about $30-$60, not to mention lots and lots of paper; if you used printer paper, you're looking at probably another $20-$30, or if you went for high-quality stuff like you'd get with the books, more like $70-$100.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Jelly

Postby Jelly » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:23 am

Also, the ink would be expensive.

>.>

KJ Fellie

Postby KJ Fellie » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:14 am

Also, the ink would be expensive.

>.>
Yep. That's been covered. Just buy the books, y'all. (You also get bonuses that you wouldn't by printing it yourself, if I read Simpson's comment correctly.)
Quoth the spotted fox: <b>*yerf*</b> :locke:
You usually
have to take what people say
with a grain of salt.
(or in cases like
mine, a shaker or two may
yield the best result.)

むらがあるフォックス
If you miss my old sigs...

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:14 pm

It's a pity none of the extra material is available in colour though. I'd really love to see it...
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Yeah true, maybe someday a special edition containing some special art will be colored. I recall in Dandy and Company, they released a special colored edition that had all of their colored content.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:15 pm

Because goodness knows I'm not doing enough extra work when I spend weeks/months assembling a book. ;)

Return to “Ozy and Millie”