Looks like DCS needs help again D:

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Chris
Looks like DCS needs help again D:

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:45 am

August 8, 2007

I'm afraid this periodically becomes necessary...

My little nontraditional family is moving in September, so in August I'm determined to pull my own weight in terms of raising money for moving expenses. So, it would be extremely helpful if people bought things. To that end, I'm having a sale on strip originals for $75 (25% off), and signed strip prints for $20 (33% off). I'll throw a sketch in, too.

If you've ever thought about buying an original, this would be a great time. Thanks.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:39 am

I'd buy Closer to the Void as soon as paypal gave me the option back to transfer money to their account manually, without them just taking it from me. Cause I'm not letting them do that, so I can't do anything with paypal at the moment.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

HÃ¥kan

Postby HÃ¥kan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:45 pm

I've sent an email about buying a strip and if my paycheck later this month isn't too lean I'll probably buy a few of the books from lulu.com as well.

/H

Sage

Postby Sage » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:01 pm

There she is again...

"INSUFFICIENT FUNDS"

Arhg.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:41 pm

Funny, we're just as broke as we were a month ago when he needed money for his monitor... I hope he has some readers who aren't broke...
We should make a smiley like this. :)
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Kojiro

Postby Kojiro » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 pm

I might have a few bucks to spare, but most of my paychecks go to my truck.
Here is fine, there is good, but DC is my home (IRC is my vacation home that I visit more often than a normal person visits a vacation home.)

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:16 pm

I bought 2 books. Book of Semi Coherent Wisdom and Zen Again. I am saddened that I already finished reading them... though that took many hours. Well if I ever get more money into my bank I will buy more however that is doubtful too. Like DCS I too am in a bad economic position. I only have like $13 left after buying those books.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind getting a signed print if I can get the cash.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Just a question, and not meant maliciously, but does DCS have a job?

Tabris_The_17th

Postby Tabris_The_17th » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:44 pm

Just a question, and not meant maliciously, but does DCS have a job?
I believe the comic is his job.

Anyway, I'd really love to buy an original strip. But even at the discount, that's pushing it for me right now. I owe money on new glasses, plus $50 to my friend for Velvet Revolver/ Alice in Chains tickets. Perhaps this would be a good time to buy "Perpetual Motion" and "Closer to the void" though.
www.aiacrowd.com- Now updating every Tuesday and Friday!
"Like a post modern Peanuts with cat eared girls...kinda"

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:27 pm

I thought for sure he had a job outside of the comic. I guess could be wrong though.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:59 pm

I thought for sure he had a job outside of the comic. I guess could be wrong though.
I thought that too. In fact, I'm pretty sure he said something about it one of the books, in the annotations... or maybe not. If I find, it you'll know.
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:00 pm

I don't read his journal anymore, but surely someone here does. Last I heard, he hasn't gotten paid for anything but comics and a little music in the last several years.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:19 pm

I don't read his journal anymore, but surely someone here does. Last I heard, he hasn't gotten paid for anything but comics and a little music in the last several years.
He has a journal? :shock:

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:33 am

yeah, his other job is a musician. both of those are not always steady jobs, and rely on us fans to like him.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”