Would Ozy marry Millie in the future?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.

Would Ozy and Millie be married in the future?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Certainly
12%
Probably
19%
50 / 50
14%
Unlikely
32%
No chance
16%
No idea
7%

Total votes: 57

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:49 pm

In my experience, friends of the opposite sex that you grow up very close to tend to become more brother/sister like.
My parents knew each other since they were about 5, and they've been married for about 15 or so years.
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:48 pm

I don't think Friday's strip proved anything in this matter. Then again I'm pretty biased against O&M shipping... and pretty much all shipping in general.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:51 pm

Fedex employees are people too. Wait, somebody already did that joke, right? Crapsicles.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:26 pm

I don't think Friday's strip proved anything in this matter. Then again I'm pretty biased against O&M shipping... and pretty much all shipping in general.
It might not be so bad, depending on how people are handling it.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:58 am

she definitely has feelings for him.
I have dreams about spending time with my friend Jessica a lot. Does that mean I have "feelings" for her?

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:40 am

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "Stephan, your topic on the Define Cynical forum has been revived in the wake of Friday's comic about Millie's number one dream, and all the implications it suggests."

Much as I'm intrigued by whether or not Ozy and Millie would marry (and I'm undecided myself) I think too much is being read into Friday's strip. Calvin's #1 dream would most certainly include Hobbes and proably have hobbes tail attached to Calvin.

The definitive fact we can draw from the picture is that Ozy and Millie are close friends and enjoy each other's company.

Now I'm going to retreat back to Australia where I belong... ta ta!
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:42 pm

I have dreams about spending time with my friend Jessica a lot. Does that mean I have "feelings" for her?
Yes.

Also you want to kill your mother and sleep with your father.
[/Freud]
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:03 pm

In my opinion, yes.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Makes me nostalgic. I wish I could get that close to someone without people assuming too much.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:05 am

Makes me nostalgic. I wish I could get that close to someone without people assuming too much.
Reading O&M in general always makes me long for a deep friend like that myself. Sure I've got some good friends, but nothing even close to what Ozy and Millie currently share.

As for the main question, I'm not really sure how I'd answer it. I'd probably have to agree with the notion that if they both ever develop the desire to marry someone, it would most likely be each other simply due to their status as relative outcasts and the way they complement each other so well.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:49 am

Reading O&M in general always makes me long for a deep friend like that myself. Sure I've got some good friends, but nothing even close to what Ozy and Millie currently share.

As for the main question, I'm not really sure how I'd answer it. I'd probably have to agree with the notion that if they both ever develop the desire to marry someone, it would most likely be each other simply due to their status as relative outcasts and the way they complement each other so well.
On the contrary,I think that something like marrage or even a shift to a more romantic relationship would change they way feel about each other in probably detrimental ways. It'd be like dating a friend - it can work sometimes, but more often than not the 'friendship' you had changes, into something else - something potentially more satisfying, but at the same time far more brittle.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:00 am

In my opinion, yes.
I was just using Jessica as an example; I pretty much have dreams about everyone I know. I'm pretty sure I don't want to "share a bed" with everyone I know.

EDIT: Sorry original post was wayyyy overly harsh. I am having one of those days that should never exist.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:55 am

Me too. I'd envy the two of them, but I'm too busy enjoying their interactions.
On the contrary,I think that something like marrage or even a shift to a more romantic relationship would change they way feel about each other in probably detrimental ways. It'd be like dating a friend - it can work sometimes, but more often than not the 'friendship' you had changes, into something else - something potentially more satisfying, but at the same time far more brittle.
I disagree, to some extent. That kind of situation, I think, would tend to come out if you don't take the time to deal with the qualities/traits/attitudes you might not like in the person you're going to marry.

Unless you take the "dealing with" part to be the detrimental change in the relationship. But then that should be the acid test of a serious relationship. If you can't get through that, how do you expect to not go insane being paired up with this other person for... well, forever?
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:32 pm

In my opinion, yes.
I was just using Jessica as an example; I pretty much have dreams about everyone I know. I'm pretty sure I don't want to "share a bed" with everyone I know.

EDIT: Sorry original post was wayyyy overly harsh. I am having one of those days that should never exist.
Having feelings for someone doesn't necessarily... ooh, I just saw your edit. I'll stop arguing now. Sorry!

All I want to say is that it's not the mere fact that Millie dreamed about Ozy, it's the CONTENTS of the dream and the fact that it's her "number one dream", that make me feel that she has feelings for him.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:19 pm

And I no longer dream. Does that mean I'm a horrible bitter person destined to remain unloved and unloving for the rest of his sad and brief existance on this planet? Yes. Yes to the max. But does it mean I have no friends? No. No to the same amount of max.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Return to “Ozy and Millie”